Close

Filter one part number to multiple car models

sodak
8 years ago
#10041 Quote
Hello, Can NOP Templates make it so the UI Mode is [Manufacturers][Specification_1][Categories]. Maybe this would solve the problem. For me I still combine the model/year for a specification so I don't have to have multiple listing for the same part but I would like the categories at the end of the filter as well. Its dumb to pick a category first when there may not be any parts for you model. Let me know if this is possible. Thank you, Michael.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#10043 Quote
Hi,

This is not a straightforward thing to do.
Can you suggest it to our UserVoice portal ? If it gets other customers attention we will have it planned and implement it.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
RBfinelines
7 years ago
#13020 Quote
Any plans to add linking between attributes?

Such as 'this year range' is only for 'this car model'

ie:

Product fits 1999-2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and 2002-2008 Dodge Ram 2500. The way it's works now (as of Nop 3.5 version) is that because the part has 1999-2008 and Ram 1500 / Ram 2500 suddenly the part will also fit a 2008 Ram 1500.

The only way around this is to have two additional products created and use Specific Attributes to 'link' them both to the same part. Which is horrible...three products just to properly present ONE product; now multiply that for ~7000+ parts (some of which have up to 7 different vehicles). Oh, and each product comes in several material types (with unique SKUs).

PS: Posted to UserVoice too
hristian.dimov
7 years ago
#13037 Quote
RBfinelines wrote:
Any plans to add linking between attributes?

Such as 'this year range' is only for 'this car model'

ie:

Product fits 1999-2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and 2002-2008 Dodge Ram 2500. The way it's works now (as of Nop 3.5 version) is that because the part has 1999-2008 and Ram 1500 / Ram 2500 suddenly the part will also fit a 2008 Ram 1500.

The only way around this is to have two additional products created and use Specific Attributes to 'link' them both to the same part. Which is horrible...three products just to properly present ONE product; now multiply that for ~7000+ parts (some of which have up to 7 different vehicles). Oh, and each product comes in several material types (with unique SKUs).

PS: Posted to UserVoice too

Hi,

This has to come somehow from nopCommerce itself. We simply use the specification attributes that are set on the products to populate the dropdowns with the available options. I know that this does not solve your problem, but I'm not sure that this should be a configuration in the plugin.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com