Close

Current Product Versions on My Downloads Page

RonM
9 years ago
#8314 Quote
It would be very helpful if you would show the current software versions on the My Downloads page along with the license status, so one could see at a glance if an update is available. I have not figured out how to even find out what the current product versions available are, without doing a download.

Thanks!
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8322 Quote
RonM wrote:
It would be very helpful if you would show the current software versions on the My Downloads page along with the license status, so one could see at a glance if an update is available. I have not figured out how to even find out what the current product versions available are, without doing a download.

Thanks!

Hi Ron,

thank you for the suggestion. We will consider it and most likely we will implement it soon.

There are 2 ways of finding the current product version:

1. Go to Administration -> System -> System information and click Show next to "Loaded assemblies". Scroll down and find something like this:
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core, Version=3.*.***.*****, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

2. Download a Plugins\SevenSpikes.Core\SevenSpikes.Nop.Core.dll ( or any other SevenSpikes ".dll" file ) from your server, right click -> Properties and open Details tab. There you will see the product version.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
RonM
9 years ago
#8327 Quote
Thanks. I was aware of how to check the loaded assemblies, but it was good to mention it here as reference. I was referring to the current version available for download from your website. The version number and/or the version release date on the my downloads page would be great. The release date would probably be even more helpful than the version/build number to see at a glance if a download would be required.
A "Check for new Version" feature in the plug-in itself would be pretty cool as well, but would take quite a bit more to implement. Having the info on the my downloads page will suffice.
RonM
9 years ago
#8328 Quote
One of the reasons I mention this is because I have licensed the developer version of the Ultimate Plug-In Pack, and I manage and host a number of client sites using your plug-ins. I know that you guys are very active in fixing bugs and updating your software, so I want to keep all my client sites up to date with current plug-ins as a matter of routine maintenance, just as I do with patching my servers.
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8346 Quote
RonM wrote:
One of the reasons I mention this is because I have licensed the developer version of the Ultimate Plug-In Pack, and I manage and host a number of client sites using your plug-ins. I know that you guys are very active in fixing bugs and updating your software, so I want to keep all my client sites up to date with current plug-ins as a matter of routine maintenance, just as I do with patching my servers.

Hi Ron,

thank you for the suggestions. They are a little bit tricky to implement, but as you said it will be very useful for the clients to see if there is a new version of a product, so we will do our best to implement it.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
digitalmbs
9 years ago
#8348 Quote
Hi I agree with Ron,

There is no way for us to know if there is an update particularly when you have bought Ultimate package. I think it can be done by 

1) Email to all customers with valid license that there is a new updated version
2) Have an update page showing current release date, version and flag if there was an update in last 14 days. so that we can just visit that one page and know which plugin/theme got updated.
3) As Ron suggested, when we log into our account if we can see current version and release date then we will know that we need to update it.

regards
Boyko
9 years ago
#8351 Quote
digitalmbs wrote:
Hi I agree with Ron,

There is no way for us to know if there is an update particularly when you have bought Ultimate package. I think it can be done by 

1) Email to all customers with valid license that there is a new updated version
2) Have an update page showing current release date, version and flag if there was an update in last 14 days. so that we can just visit that one page and know which plugin/theme got updated.
3) As Ron suggested, when we log into our account if we can see current version and release date then we will know that we need to update it.

regards

Hi digitalmbs,

Thank you for the suggestions!

There are cases when we upload a new version twice a day, so if we send emails even for the slightest changes we will end up with a lot of customer never reading these emails.
Probably the best thing to do is to publish a release note once a week here on our web site (we have RSS feed for this).
It will be in the format of this release note.
We will explain the major improvements/changes/bug fixes for each product with the version numbers and everything.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team