Close

cant see any seo

refurb.tech
11 years ago
#1286 Quote
hi there, i have installed seo and have been using it, as is without any modifications, however i cannot see any seo in the boxes at all and was wandering if i am not doing something ? i am presuming that it happens automatically ?

regards

kev
Boyko
11 years ago
#1287 Quote
refurb.tech wrote:
hi there, i have installed seo and have been using it, as is without any modifications, however i cannot see any seo in the boxes at all and was wandering if i am not doing something ? i am presuming that it happens automatically ?

regards

kev

Hi refurb.tech,

The Smart SEO plugin adds the metadata automatically at runtime.
The Smart SEO plugin simply provides you with a Template for the SEO meta data for all your products.
You can read this documentation for instructions as to how to use it:
http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopSmartSEO/Version_2_6/lessons/Working_with_Nop_Smart_SEO.html

I would like to summarize it for you so that you have a quick answer to your question below.
Nop Smart SEO does not keep meta data in the database. It only keeps the SEO templates in the database.
It generates the meta data on the fly based on the SEO templates and the properties of the entity (category, product, manufacturer).
If you look at the html source of the pages, you should see the generated meta data.
Please note that Nop Smart SEO takes into account tokens like ${meta-title}, ${meta-description}, ${meta-keywords} and ${se-name}. So if you
already have meta data entered in the backend for the different entities, you can instruct Nop Smart SEO to make use of this meta data,
by including these tokens into the SEO template for the entities.
For example let’s say you entered a meta title for one of your products: “My Product”
and you have a Product SEO template that goes like this: ${name} for ${price} by ${manufacturer}.
The Nop Smart SEO will look at the localized name of the product and replace the ${name} token with it.
But if you would like to make use of your meta title “My Product” you can change the template to be like this:
${meta-title} for ${price} by ${manufacturer}
Now Nop Smart SEO will take the meta title entered in the backend for the product and replace the ${meta-title} token with it.

It is best to play with the plugin a little bit and examine the generated metadata on the product/catalog pages.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team