Close

Anywhere slider upgrade - lost all slider mappings

fun123
9 years ago
#7489 Quote
So my problem is, when i upgraded sliders to 3.3 as someone else mentioned, we lost category page, and you replace with "powerful" condition option. Why is it that in upgrade script all sliders i had didnt get proper mappings, or let me say no mappings at all. I now have to waste hours to remap all sliders because tables in database are not readable, and i already wasted hours trying to figure out how to read tables of new anywhere slider.... I must say its totally unprofessional to make script that doesn't include old mappings, makes me wanna think about renewing license for ultimate collection
fun123
9 years ago
#7510 Quote
seriously? no one to reply on such a big issue?
Boyko
9 years ago
#7519 Quote
Hi fun123,

Thank you for reporting this!

I must say that there is category mappings upgrade to conditions for the Sliders, but there was a small mistake and that is why they were not working properly.
In the the upgrade script the condition type should be 2 rather than 0.

EXEC sp_TransferMappingsToConditions
      15, -- entity type
      2, -- condition type
      '1', -- name property

I am really sorry you have lost so many hours instead of reporting the issue to us and have us fix it. I am a bit surprised that you consider this as a very serious issue and that you haven't sent an email to our Support mail. Please note that for any urgent issues you should send us an email (soon we will have a ticketing system, which is now in beta) rather than writing in the forums, which we monitor but with low priority. This way you are guaranteed to get a fast answer and have any issues fixed on time. .

The fix in the script is now included in all our product packages that can be downloaded from your My Downloads section.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
fun123
9 years ago
#7520 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Hi fun123,

Thank you for reporting this!

I must say that there is category mappings upgrade to conditions for the Sliders, but there was a small mistake and that is why they were not working properly.
In the the upgrade script the condition type should be 2 rather than 0.

EXEC sp_TransferMappingsToConditions
      15, -- entity type
      2, -- condition type
      '1', -- name property

I am really sorry you have lost so many hours instead of reporting the issue to us and have us fix it. I am a bit surprised that you consider this as a very serious issue and that you haven't sent an email to our Support mail. Please note that for any urgent issues you should send us an email (soon we will have a ticketing system, which is now in beta) rather than writing in the forums, which we monitor but with low priority. This way you are guaranteed to get a fast answer and have any issues fixed on time. .

The fix in the script is now included in all our product packages that can be downloaded from your My Downloads section.

Thanks

thanks for answering, i did ask here so everyone else can see problem, so they dont thin they messed up things, thats what forum is for? also, i have issue with limited to store sliders? is that on your end or nop changed it? I have one slider that is limited to one store and one that is limited to 2 stores (both are on home pages of stores), and if both are enabled and limited to those stores, they are both active at same time on all stores instead of just marked ones.
Boyko
9 years ago
#7521 Quote
fun123 wrote:

thanks for answering, i did ask here so everyone else can see problem, so they dont thin they messed up things, thats what forum is for? also, i have issue with limited to store sliders? is that on your end or nop changed it? I have one slider that is limited to one store and one that is limited to 2 stores (both are on home pages of stores), and if both are enabled and limited to those stores, they are both active at same time on all stores instead of just marked ones.

Hi fun123,

I guess you are using an older version of the Anywhere Sliders plugin. Please update it to the latest version as described in this post.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
fun123
9 years ago
#7526 Quote
i cant find 3.3.432.11283
i only have 3.3.891.12004
Boyko
9 years ago
#7533 Quote
fun123 wrote:
i cant find 3.3.432.11283
i only have 3.3.891.12004

Hi fun123,

The version that you have is a very recent one. You should not have problems with the multi stores with it. Please confirm that you are actually using this version and that the Sliders are working fine with multistores.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
fun123
9 years ago
#7538 Quote
I am using stated version, but still have issue, anything else that might be issue?
fun123
9 years ago
#7540 Quote
So, i managed to make it work after replacing dll. It disabled and destroyed half of my conditions but okay np, not my mistake for sure. Next thing is how do you disable specific slider because i have no option??!?!? i mean, this is going from worse to the worst, and we didnt take another annual subscription to ultimate collection because all of the issues and tens for hours wasted to fix mistakes thats not our but yours. well done
Boyko
9 years ago
#7543 Quote
fun123 wrote:
So, i managed to make it work after replacing dll. It disabled and destroyed half of my conditions but okay np, not my mistake for sure. Next thing is how do you disable specific slider because i have no option??!?!? i mean, this is going from worse to the worst, and we didnt take another annual subscription to ultimate collection because all of the issues and tens for hours wasted to fix mistakes thats not our but yours. well done

Hi fun123,

OK, so after the update of the Sliders plugin then the store mapping is working fine now.

I really doesn't have a clue how some of your conditions may disappeared. No one has ever reported such an issue and also I can't understand how this is even possible to happen because replacing the plugin dll could not destroy anything in the database.
The information in the database is deleted ONLY if you Uninstall a plugin.
I also don't understand how exactly "half" of your conditions have been destroyed as if you had uninstalled the Sliders then all conditions should have been deleted and not just the half of them.
Have you don't anything else than just updating the plugin? Please describe the steps you have done, so that we can try to reproduce it.

There are many ways to disable a specific Slider but the easiest way is by removing the widget zones from the Widget tab of the Slider. This way this Slider will not appear in the store.
Another way is by using the Scheduling tab and set the To Date to be a date in the past.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team