Close

Bugs

iBEAUTHENTIC
12 years ago
#458 Quote
Support wrote:

Your link always redirects to this page http://www.ibuydirect.biz/homepage.htm, so we can't see the exact issues but we think we know what is wrong.
It seems that this is caused because you are trying to integrate the Nop Ajax Filters  from the Fashion theme into the default nopCommerce DarkOrange theme. Note that the Ajax Filters that come with the Fashion theme are intended to be used only within the same theme and won't work outside it. If you want to try the Filters with the Default nopCommerce theme then you need to download the Trial version of the Filters and install them instead of the ones that comes with the Fashion theme.

You're right, the site is setup to redirect to a different page unless you are from an approved ip address.

And you are correct again the Nop Ajax Filters are from the fashion theme. When we purchased the fashion theme it did not state that the extensions used were modified and only good for that theme as you say. We though we were getting all the extensions + theme for that price, and actually we purchased multi web site license (close to double the price) as our intent was to always use it as a base but change when required. We want to be able to modify so for example we can change and use "view by [grid/list]" option. This presents a problem as again this was not clearly stated. Below is copied directly from the fashion theme overview. It does not state it is different version then if purchased separately or in ultimate extension pack (unless it's different there too!) which we would have probably purchased instead.

"Nop Ajax Filters which add powerful filtering capabilities to your category pages. The Nop Ajax Filters include Sliding Price Range, Specifications, Manufacturers and even Attributes filters. These filters can be easily managed from the nopCommerce administration panel and build their filtering ranges and options automatically from your categories and products information."

Any suggestions? Our purchase was made based on information presented on the site.

Please keep in mind, you have done a great job and it works great and looks great. My concern is strictly with the functionality of what we purchased.
YashChandra
12 years ago
#460 Quote
Hi iBEAUTHENTIC,

I think there has been a misunderstanding in this forum thread. We are sorry for this. So let me try to correct this.
According to our license point 1.1:

http://www.nop-templates.com/t/licensinginfo

You cannot use constituent parts of a product separately, which mean that you cannot extract the plugins from the theme and use them here and there on different web sites.

But this does not mean that you cannot use the theme for the basis of all your web sites. The plugins will work on every nopCommerce installation because they are standalone pieces intended to work with nopCommerce. What the support team meant by "will not work" is that they are styled only for the fashion theme. Styling includes front end work (changes to the razor and the css). The razor and css files are open to modifications, so you can change them as much as you would like, when you decide to change the styling of the theme. In other words if you change the styling of the theme you can also change the styling of the plugins. The View in List functionality is just something that is removed from the product result razor view of the filters so that the filters can work in the Fashion Theme which does not have a View in List, but should you need to use it you can always add it back to razor and the filters will work with it.

In summary, let me say, that the theme is open to modifications which includes the plugins. So you can change it as much as you would like (theme and plugins) in order to use it for different web sites.

Please let us know if my explanation is not clear or if you have additional questions.

Thanks

Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
iBEAUTHENTIC
12 years ago
#462 Quote
Ok then ... I simply noticed view as [grid/list] was not part of fashion them, I only chose a different theme (basic nop classic) in the administration area to see how it worked with it. Everything else was on but it did not work. As you say we can modify, we will attempt to add it back to fashion theme and hopefully it will work.

Sorry to bother you.
Support
12 years ago
#463 Quote
iBEAUTHENTIC wrote:
Ok then ... I simply noticed view as [grid/list] was not part of fashion them, I only chose a different theme (basic nop classic) in the administration area to see how it worked with it. Everything else was on but it did not work. As you say we can modify, we will attempt to add it back to fashion theme and hopefully it will work.

Sorry to bother you.

Here is some more information that will help you add View in Grid/List to the Fashion theme.
1. nopCommerce uses Category templates to display a given category. You can find the default Category Template here:
Views\Catalog\CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml
2. Nop Fashion Theme basically overrides the default template with its own and you can find it here:
Themes\Fashion\Views\Catalog\CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml
3. Nop Ajax Filters basically uses part of this template to show the products returned from an AJAX request after any filter is selected. You can find the Ajax Filters template here:
Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters\Views\Catalog7Spikes\CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml

So you need to change the Fashion template and the Ajax filters template to support View in List/Grid. The easiest way is to see how they are implemented in the the default template. Also Nop Ajax Filters stand alone version(Paid and Trial) uses a Template that match the template of the default template. So if you can get the Trial version and see the CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml file could also help.

Hope this information is helpful and will point you in the right direction!

If you need any more help don't hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
iBEAUTHENTIC
12 years ago
#466 Quote
Thank you very much for the addition information!
Craft
11 years ago
#613 Quote
Hello!
Bug with default list or grid mode.
By default i have list mode, but after select something in filters or soft options, page reloaded in grid mode.

YashChandra
11 years ago
#617 Quote
Hi Craft,

Which version of the Nop Ajax Filters are you using?

Thanks
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
Craft
11 years ago
#618 Quote
Last paid pro version for nop 2.5
Support
11 years ago
#621 Quote
Craft wrote:
Last paid pro version for nop 2.5

Hi Craft,

In version of nopCommerce 2.4 and later there is a setting catalogsettings.defaultviewmode
Go to Configuration –> Settings –> All Settings (Advanced) and find the setting catalogsettings.defaultviewmode and change it from grid to list.
The filters are using this setting to show the products either in grid or in list.

Please let us know if this works for you!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
Craft
11 years ago
#625 Quote
Not working!

catalogsettings.defaultviewmode is set to list

When you enter to product list page - all in list mode, but when you select some filter, they refreshing product list in grid mode.