Close

Bugs

Support
12 years ago
#241 Quote
Hi Dave,

At the moment this is not possible. The filters work only on categories and immediate subcategories.

We would consider enhancing the filters to work for more than two levels of categories for the next version. However right now we have two really strong arguments against this:

1. We believe that more than two level of categories for an e-commerce web site is not very user friendly and most e-shops try to avoid this. In fact you will rarely see such an organization. However in your case you have your top most category hidden. So I am wondering why this is?

2. The performance implications of having all the products from a category tree to be filtered are enormous. So if we are to implement this it would really have to be well thought of and worth the effort.
mysecond
12 years ago
#267 Quote
Hi there,
I'm receiving this error
"Retrieving /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters/JQueryTemplates/JDropDown.htm failed."

Could someone explain to me what's happening and what is the solution to overcome this ?

Thanks
Support
12 years ago
#269 Quote
Hi mysecond,

Thank you for reporting this! Your feedback is really important to us.

There was a bug with the Nop Ajax Filters when your web site has sub directories, but it was fixed a day ago, which is after your time of purchase.
Could you please download the latest Nop Fashion Theme from the My Account section, replace(delete first) the "Plugins\SevenSpikes.Core" and "Plugins\SevenSpikes.Nop.AjaxFilters" folders on your site with the ones from the latest package and hit Ctrl + F5 on your site to clear the browser cache and the error should go away.

If you are still experiencing the same problem would you be able to give us some more information: an url to the site to see what the problem is, a short description on how to reproduce it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!
mysecond
12 years ago
#272 Quote
After uploading the new files, the error disappeared.

Thanks again ! :)
viveramedia
12 years ago
#274 Quote
Hi, when I apply a filter, the page maintains it's position, however I have quite a few filters so sometimes, if you select a filter at the bottom, the results load but you have to scroll to the top again.

Is there any way (by editing the javascript?) I can get it to jump to the top of the page?

Thanks!

Dave
Support
12 years ago
#277 Quote
Hi,

We would not recommend editing the javascript of the filters itself although you could do that in the success handler of the GetFilters ajax request. The code is in the Filters.js file and looks like this:

$.ajax({ cache: false, type: "POST", data: $.toJSON(getFilteredProductsParameters),
        contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8", url: productsRequestUrl, success: function (data) { ...}

You can add here some code to adjust the scroll position of the browser. You can unminify the file using the various tools that are available on the web, or just using the Development Tools of the Google Chrome browser.

The other option, which we think is the better one is to write some javascript in your category template, which will use the ajaxSuccess method. Please look at the documentation here:

http://api.jquery.com/ajaxSuccess/

Basically this an event handler, which is called when an ajax request succeeds. You need to inspect the XMLHttpRequest property of the event handler, to make sure that it is the request of the filters that succeeded and not some other request in the web site, and in the event handler write the code to adjust the browser position.

I hope this is useful.
iBEAUTHENTIC
12 years ago
#448 Quote
Hi

I'm using the default classic nopcomm 2.4 theme and have the "view as [grid/list]" option on for category view. I also have Nop Ajax Filters installed but when switching to view as list option I receive a pop up error stating:
NO RESULTS FOUND
There are no products for the filters that you selected. Please widen your search criteria.

But no filters were even selected, only switching the view as to list caused this

Here is an image link if it will help. (center product)
Support
12 years ago
#453 Quote
iBEAUTHENTIC wrote:
Hi

I'm using the default classic nopcomm 2.4 theme and have the "view as [grid/list]" option on for category view. I also have Nop Ajax Filters installed but when switching to view as list option I receive a pop up error stating:
NO RESULTS FOUND
There are no products for the filters that you selected. Please widen your search criteria.

But no filters were even selected, only switching the view as to list caused this

Here is an image link if it will help. (center product)

Hi iBEAUTHENTIC,

Thank you for reporting this issues!

On the picture you have given it seems that you are using the Fashion theme and not the default nopComerce 2.4 theme. Can you confirm that?
Also it seems that you are using the Ajax Cart plugin too. Can you confirm that?
As to the center product message "You are running a Trial version of Nop Ajax Cart" you get it because you are running a Trial version of the Ajax Cart plugin.
It is not a but it is just how our trials work.
Our trial versions are for evaluation purposes only and show this message from time to time. When you switch to the the paid version you won't get these messages any more.
If possible could you also provide a link to your web site, so that we can investigate the issue.

Thank you again for reporting this!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
iBEAUTHENTIC
12 years ago
#456 Quote
Support wrote:
Hi
On the picture you have given it seems that you are using the Fashion theme and not the default nopComerce 2.4 theme. Can you confirm that?
Also it seems that you are using the Ajax Cart plugin too. Can you confirm that?
As to the center product message "You are running a Trial version of Nop Ajax Cart" you get it because you are running a Trial version of the Ajax Cart plugin.
It is not a but it is just how our trials work.
Our trial versions are for evaluation purposes only and show this message from time to time. When you switch to the the paid version you won't get these messages any more.
If possible could you also provide a link to your web site, so that we can investigate the issue.

You are correct, I posted the wrong image

Here is the site link if you want to go look http://www.ibuydirect.biz/c/3/desktops

Here is the correct image as well.

Yes paid version of nop ajax filters.
Support
12 years ago
#457 Quote
iBEAUTHENTIC wrote:

You are correct, I posted the wrong image

Here is the site link if you want to go look http://www.ibuydirect.biz/c/3/desktops

Here is the correct image as well.

Yes paid version of nop ajax filters.

Hi iBEAUTHENTIC,

Your link always redirects to this page http://www.ibuydirect.biz/homepage.htm, so we can't see the exact issues but we think we know what is wrong.
It seems that this is caused because you are trying to integrate the Nop Ajax Filters  from the Fashion theme into the default nopCommerce DarkOrange theme. Note that the Ajax Filters that come with the Fashion theme are intended to be used only within the same theme and won't work outside it. If you want to try the Filters with the Default nopCommerce theme then you need to download the Trial version of the Filters and install them instead of the ones that comes with the Fashion theme.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Team