Close

Serious issue with .NET 4.5 framework

JonJJ
11 years ago
#1119 Quote

My hoster upgraded from .NET 4.0 to 4.5 which has caused issues with NopCommerce 2.6.

I could not edit pages under the Admin panel and going into settings in your plugins would cause page errors.

After searching at NopCommerce I found out that the dll files "FluentValidation.dll" and "FluentValidation.Mvc.dll" that NopCommerce uses, need to be updated to 3.4.0 in order for NopCommerce to work on .NET 4.5.

I followed Andrei's suggestion here on how to do it:
http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/18306/running-26-in-vs-2010.aspx?p=2

After I've replaced the dll files, build the solution and ran the project again, it came up with this error (some of it is in Danish but I hope you can understand the error anyway)

This is caused by the plugins I have in my folder and I found out this error only occurs when the nop-templates plugins are in the plugin directory.
If I remove them, the webshop loads succesfully.

As you can see from the error message above, it seems the nop-templates plugins are referencing to an old version of "FluentValidation, Version=3.3.1.0".

I suspect that is the reason why the plugins fail to load is because my webshop now is using FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0

So can you make a new version of the nop-templates that uses FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0 or how can I solve the problem so your plugins will work with .NET 4.5?

Thanks in advance
Jon

Support
11 years ago
#1120 Quote
Hi Jon,

We are aware of this issue with the FluentValidator.dll and .NET 4.5.
So we will release a new version for all our plugins for nopCommerce 2.65, which is to be released tomorrow or Friday.
We are not going to rebuild our plugins for nopCommerce 2.6 with the new FluentValidator version because all our clients that use nopCommerce 2.6 will not be able to run them as nopCommerce 2.6 uses the old version of FluentValidator.
Also not all clients will want to upgrade to 2.65 as not all of them use shared hosting and are not going to move to .NET 4.5.

So once the nopCommerce 2.65 is released you can download our plugins for nopCommerce 2.65.
We hope this works for you!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Support Team
JonJJ
11 years ago
#1121 Quote
That's excellent.
I'm glad to hear you are on top of things ;-)

Please let me know when you release it. Thanks.
Support
11 years ago
#1128 Quote
JonJJ wrote:
That's excellent.
I'm glad to hear you are on top of things ;-)

Please let me know when you release it. Thanks.

Hi Jon,

All out products are already available for the just released nopCommerce 2.65 version.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Team
JonJJ
11 years ago
#1150 Quote
Thanks Team ;-)

I got them all working now again thanks to the 2.65 update.
garungns
11 years ago
#1214 Quote
Thanks! have a nice day!
codicezerouno
11 years ago
#1559 Quote
We are working on a 2.60 project with a lot of customization (at the moment we cannot upgrade to 2.65) that must run on a server with NET 4.5; we already updated nopcommerce reference to 3.4 version of Fluent Validator.

Please, coud you provide us your plugins built for 2.6 that use fluent validator version 3.4?

IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1560 Quote
codicezerouno wrote:
We are working on a 2.60 project with a lot of customization (at the moment we cannot upgrade to 2.65) that must run on a server with NET 4.5; we already updated nopcommerce reference to 3.4 version of Fluent Validator.

Please, coud you provide us your plugins built for 2.6 that use fluent validator version 3.4?

Hi codicezerouno.

Please read the following post on how to change the fluent validation version:
http://www.nop-templates.com/blog/29/step-by-step-guide-for-solving-of-the-nopcommerce-fluentvalidation-and-net-45-problem
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
codicezerouno
11 years ago
#1561 Quote
Already did it,
but your plugin does not work.

For examble, I get errors when pluginmanager try to load "anywhere sliders" and the error say that "could not load fluent validation 3.1.1"

How to solve?
Boyko
11 years ago
#1562 Quote
codicezerouno wrote:
Already did it,
but your plugin does not work.

For examble, I get errors when pluginmanager try to load "anywhere sliders" and the error say that "could not load fluent validation 3.1.1"

How to solve?

Hi codicezerouno,

Which of the scenarios did you follow - 1 or 2?
Did you change you change your web.config file as described in the blog post?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team