Close

Feature Requests

Support
11 years ago
#939 Quote
Help make Nop-Templates products better. Share your ideas or feature requests related to the Nop JCarousel plugin for nopCommerce.
CorsaMeccanica
11 years ago
#1585 Quote
Would you be able to add contained categories as a data source for the jCarousel plugin?

I noticed you do have sibling categories as an option, but it would also be great to have child categories as an option.

if you want to see an example of were this would be useful to have, especially in conjunction with the mega menu, let me know and I'll send you a link to a page on my website.

PS your new website looks really good!
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1587 Quote
shanexh wrote:
Would you be able to add contained categories as a data source for the jCarousel plugin?

I noticed you do have sibling categories as an option, but it would also be great to have child categories as an option.

if you want to see an example of were this would be useful to have, especially in conjunction with the mega menu, let me know and I'll send you a link to a page on my website.

PS your new website looks really good!

Hi shanexh.

Thank you! We are glad that you like our new look.

We already added data source Sub Categories in our JCarousel plugin. Please download again the package and replace the JCarousel plugin folder with the new one.

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
CorsaMeccanica
11 years ago
#1591 Quote
Great!

I have made styling modifications to the themes, also I do have several jCarousels already configured.

Can I copy everything except the themes folder, without uninstalling the plugin and re-configuring my jCarousels?

Thanks,

Shane
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1593 Quote
shanexh wrote:
Great!

I have made styling modifications to the themes, also I do have several jCarousels already configured.

Can I copy everything except the themes folder, without uninstalling the plugin and re-configuring my jCarousels?

Thanks,

Shane

Yes you can.

The problem is that the new resources will not be installed.
You can add them manually. For example instead of "Sub Categories" for data source you will see sevenspikes.jcarousel.admin.datasourcetypes.subcategories . So just add the resource with value Sub Categories and everything will be OK. Do this for all of the resources that are not installed.

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov
CorsaMeccanica
11 years ago
#1636 Quote
I tried copying the newer resource files over. The only folders I didn't upgrade was Themes and Views.

First Try:

1. I turned off the website in IIS.
2. backed up my database and files.
3. copied the new files to the plugin directory.
4. Restarted my website in IIS.

Result:

errors on pages with jCarousel and errors on the plugin page.

Second Try:

1. uninstalled the plugin.

Same result.

I restored everything to what I had previously, but I must be missing a step or something.
shvager87
11 years ago
#1640 Quote
There is an error when the Plugin is added to any widgetZone.
Nop 2.7
Server Error in '/' Application.

Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Source Error:

Line 3:  @foreach (var widget in Model)
Line 4:  {
Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)
Line 6:  }

Source File: d:\WebSites\27\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.]
   System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable) +0
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value) +101
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min) +43.....
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1642 Quote
shanexh wrote:
I tried copying the newer resource files over. The only folders I didn't upgrade was Themes and Views.

First Try:

2. backed up my database and files.

Result:

errors on pages with jCarousel and errors on the plugin page.

Second Try:

1. uninstalled the plugin.

Same result.

I restored everything to what I had previously, but I must be missing a step or something.

Hi shanexh,

You need to copy the Core and JCarousel folders. Also you need to update the view of the JCarousel, because we made some modifications for better performance and more readable code. The JCarousel contains only one view so it will not be hard, even if you have changed it.

After you update the plugins you can change the Global.asax file. Just download it from your website, add a space after the code, save it and upload it again.
I will be waiting for your update on this problem.

Best wishes.

Ivan Stoyanov
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1643 Quote
shvager87 wrote:
There is an error when the Plugin is added to any widgetZone.
Nop 2.7
Server Error in '/' Application.

Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Source Error:

Line 3:  @foreach (var widget in Model)
Line 4:  {
Line 5:      @Html.Action(widget.ActionName, widget.ControllerName, widget.RouteValues)
Line 6:  }

Source File: d:\WebSites\27\Views\Widget\WidgetsByZone.cshtml    Line: 5

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.]
   System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable) +0
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value) +101
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min) +43.....

Hi shvager87,

There is no problem on our end. We tested the plugin and it works fine with widget zones.
Can you please answer the following questions, so that we will be able to investigate your problem:
Have you updated the plugin from 2.65 to 2.7?
Have you updated the Core plugin?
Have you made any changes to nopCommerce code?

Please try to change the Global.asax file, as I described in the post above.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Best wishes.

Ivan Stoyanov
shvager87
11 years ago
#1644 Quote
Thank You! I add the space to the Global.asax.
Everything works fine