Close

ACL Not working in MegaMenu

peter.larsson
10 years ago
#4656 Quote
Hi,
We have a problem on our site and it seems that the Mega Menu items are cached globally.

This is the scenario:
If I log in as a user with full access, 4 product categories are visible. I then log out and log in as a user with access to 2 of these 4 categories; I still see the 4 categories.

When I log in as admin and clear the cache in another browser and reloads, everything looks fine, my user can see 2 of the 4 categories as expected. However, when I log out and log in with my user with full access to the 4 categories, that user only sees 2 categories. Of course when I clear the cache as admin in another browser and reloads the user sees all 4 categories again.

This is my conclusion:
Depending on the cached values, many of our customers who should be able to buy from all four categories will never be able to enter these categories.

To those users who do not have access to all categories can see the ones they shouldn't.

My question:
How can I fix this?

If I cant, what is the point with ACL support?

Best regards,
Peter Larsson!
Deni
10 years ago
#5714 Quote
peter.larsson wrote:
Hi,
We have a problem on our site and it seems that the Mega Menu items are cached globally.

This is the scenario:
If I log in as a user with full access, 4 product categories are visible. I then log out and log in as a user with access to 2 of these 4 categories; I still see the 4 categories.

When I log in as admin and clear the cache in another browser and reloads, everything looks fine, my user can see 2 of the 4 categories as expected. However, when I log out and log in with my user with full access to the 4 categories, that user only sees 2 categories. Of course when I clear the cache as admin in another browser and reloads the user sees all 4 categories again.

This is my conclusion:
Depending on the cached values, many of our customers who should be able to buy from all four categories will never be able to enter these categories.

To those users who do not have access to all categories can see the ones they shouldn't.

My question:
How can I fix this?

If I cant, what is the point with ACL support?

Best regards,
Peter Larsson!

Hi, Peter !

Will you let us know which version of the MegaMenu plug-in are you using?

As you assumed it looks like a caching issue. We will test and come up with a solution.

Best Regards !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com