Close

Version 4.2.658.31947 throws error on line 544 of the ApplicationPartManagerExtension of nopCommerce 4.20

ccasalicchio
2 years ago
#21806 Quote
nopCommerce version 4.20
Visual Studio 2019 and Server http://dev.callapg.com/

We're getting this error in dev:
"ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Services, Version=4.2.658.31947, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified."

when I run locally, it turns out that version 4.2.658.31947 clashes with line 544 of the ApplicationPartManagerExtension

'pluginDescriptor.ReferencedAssembly.GetTypes()' threw an exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException'

The version of SevenSpikes.Nop.Services.dll is 4.2.650.31860?

How do I get the correct version of the core DLLs?
Carlos Casalicchio
SplatDev
Senior Software Engineer
Boyko
2 years ago
#21809 Quote
Hi,

I guess you are missing some files or maybe the versions of the plugins and the Core plugin are different.
Please make sure you have the Core plugin as well all other plugins having the same version.
Simply download the product package from our website and update them.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Dakosta
2 years ago
#21828 Quote
[/b]
Boyko wrote:
Hi,

I guess you are missing some files or maybe the versions of the plugins and the Core plugin are different.
Please make sure you have the Core plugin as well all other plugins having the same version.

Hi!
It looks like I have a similar issue:

[b]ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Return type in method 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel' from assembly 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=4.4.640.34233, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.

I've downloaded and updated with the latest package version 4.4.951.34845. And I've got the same error but with the new version:
ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Return type in method 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel' from assembly 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=4.4.951.34845, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.

To be honest, after a spiritual ritual and rainmaking ( manually remove dll and bin folder, clean, restart, build etc.) it started working but after full build fails out again.
The problem is I can't make it work again as before.
I checked the version of SevenSpikes.Nop.Core.dll and SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.dll - they are the same

This problem appeared when I migrated from VS2019 to VS2022.
Switch back to VS2019 didn't help.

Please, give me the clue
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21832 Quote
Dakosta wrote:
[/b]Hi,

Hi!
It looks like I have a similar issue:

[b]ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Return type in method 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel' from assembly 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=4.4.640.34233, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.

I've downloaded and updated with the latest package version 4.4.951.34845. And I've got the same error but with the new version:
ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Return type in method 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel.<Clone>$()' on type 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.Models.SlidePublicModel' from assembly 'SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=4.4.951.34845, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not compatible with base type method 'Nop.Web.Framework.Models.BaseNopEntityModel.<Clone>$()'.

To be honest, after a spiritual ritual and rainmaking ( manually remove dll and bin folder, clean, restart, build etc.) it started working but after full build fails out again.
The problem is I can't make it work again as before.
I checked the version of SevenSpikes.Nop.Core.dll and SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders.dll - they are the same

This problem appeared when I migrated from VS2019 to VS2022.
Switch back to VS2019 didn't help.

Please, give me the clue

Greetings,

Thank you for your reply!

This is a known issue in nopCommerce 4.4 and unfortunately, we don't have any control over it. It is not only with our products but other third-party plugins as well:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/92619/error-method-clone-in-type-on-start-when-loading-some-plugins

The only solution is to build the project with Visual Studio 2019
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com