Close

Disable featured products from showing on home page

fundamentalav
3 years ago
#21309 Quote
Hi,
I am creating a Category Product Collection I want to use to display a tab with the sort method "featured" as a way to show featured products on the home page. I also want to have a new/bestseller or featured collection display on each of the main category and manufacturer pages.  Is there a way to prevent NOPs built-in featured products widget from showing up from also showing up on the category and home pages built-in "featured product"?
Thanks Chris

todor.atanasov
3 years ago
#21319 Quote
fundamentalav wrote:
Hi,
I am creating a Category Product Collection I want to use to display a tab with the sort method "featured" as a way to show featured products on the home page. I also want to have a new/bestseller or featured collection display on each of the main category and manufacturer pages.  Is there a way to prevent NOPs built-in featured products widget from showing up from also showing up on the category and home pages built-in "featured product"?
Thanks Chris

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

In your case, instead of using the Show on homepage feature for each product, you can instead go to Catalog -> Categories -> Edit -> and mark the products from the desired category as featured. Marking the products as featured this way, wont display them on the default nopCommerce featured section on the homepage, but you will also be able to use the Sorting method Featured in our plugin.

Please let me know if you need any further advice.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com