Close

On Sale sort method not picking up tier sale price

hjksunderlin
3 years ago
#21301 Quote
I am running a sale on a product using a single tier price and date range.  I want the price to go back to the original price after the sale. However the product is not appearing on the "On Sale" tab for the "Dinning Room & Kitchen" category, but the product shows as on sale on the "New Offers" tab.  Why is the "On Sale" sort not picking up the product in its search criteria?
todor.atanasov
3 years ago
#21302 Quote
hjksunderlin wrote:
I am running a sale on a product using a single tier price and date range.  I want the price to go back to the original price after the sale. However the product is not appearing on the "On Sale" tab for the "Dinning Room & Kitchen" category, but the product shows as on sale on the "New Offers" tab.  Why is the "On Sale" sort not picking up the product in its search criteria?

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

The way that Smart product collections decide which products are considered On Sale is if the product has an Old price. Do you have both Old price and Price set on the products in question?
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
hjksunderlin
3 years ago
#21304 Quote
Yes, I have the old price set.  The product displays a sale ribbon in the upper left hand corner, but does not appear on the On Sale tab.
todor.atanasov
3 years ago
#21315 Quote
hjksunderlin wrote:
Yes, I have the old price set.  The product displays a sale ribbon in the upper left hand corner, but does not appear on the On Sale tab.

Greetings,

Thank you for your reply!

In case the Old price is set and the Price is smaller than Old price, the product will appear in the Smart product collections section. However, if you dont have a Price smaller than Old price, but only a tier price, the product wont be considered on sale, thus, wont be displayed.

If you are going to use the tier price functionality instead, I can advise you to not use the On Sale order method in our Smart Product Collections plugin, but rather a custom list and assign the products which will be considered on sale to it.

Let me know if you need any further advice.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com