Close

Widget in header-upper

Damir
6 months ago
#20929 Quote
Avatar
  • 25
Hi,
I want to create a widget that will show up on left side of upper-header, where language and currency selectors reside. I can only place a widget after those selectors as it is, but I'd rather have my widget on top left, that is pretty much standard place for many sites to show phone numbers, or some other important information. Any way of doing it without needing to hack some new custom zones?
Thanks
todor.atanasov
6 months ago
#20931 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 22
Damir wrote:
Hi,
I want to create a widget that will show up on left side of upper-header, where language and currency selectors reside. I can only place a widget after those selectors as it is, but I'd rather have my widget on top left, that is pretty much standard place for many sites to show phone numbers, or some other important information. Any way of doing it without needing to hack some new custom zones?
Thanks


Hi Damir,

Thank you for contacting us!

The widget that you can use is header_selectors. When you add a custom HTML code with the Nop HTML Widgets plugin, this will be displayed right next to the currency/language selectors.

This is the way you can add custom HTML without creating a custom widget zone yourself.

If you need any further advice, just let me know.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
Damir
6 months ago
#20935 Quote
Avatar
  • 25
Hi, thanks for the answer... But, as I wrote in my post, I have placed my widget there, but I want the content placed BEFORE the selectors, on far left side. I did solved it with absolute positioning, but it would be nicer if there was a way of putting it there without css hacks.
todor.atanasov
6 months ago
#20936 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 22
Damir wrote:
Hi, thanks for the answer... But, as I wrote in my post, I have placed my widget there, but I want the content placed BEFORE the selectors, on far left side. I did solved it with absolute positioning, but it would be nicer if there was a way of putting it there without css hacks.


Hi Damir,

Unfortunately, there is no such Widget zone in nopCommerce. So achieving this without creating a custom widget zone is not possible. You can raise a ticket in our ticket system, so we can assist you further with your goal.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com
Damir
6 months ago
#20948 Quote
Avatar
  • 25
Hi, what's the easiest way of showing topbar, even if we don't use any selectors? Right now there is a widget placed behind the logo, and topbar is not even in the code, so where can we change that? That should've been taken care of in the plugin I suppose? Not everyone has those selectors, but would maybe want to have a top bar...
todor.atanasov
6 months ago
#20954 Quote
Avatar
  • Moderator
  • 22
Damir wrote:
Hi, what's the easiest way of showing topbar, even if we don't use any selectors? Right now there is a widget placed behind the logo, and topbar is not even in the code, so where can we change that? That should've been taken care of in the plugin I suppose? Not everyone has those selectors, but would maybe want to have a top bar...


There is a header_before widget in nopCommerce, but it is right above the language selector's container.

Our plugin does not support this widget zone by default. However, you can easily add it by editing the SupportedWidgetZones.xml file in the plugin root folder. You just need to add the line:

<WidgetZone>header_before</WidgetZone>


You can add it just after

<WidgetZone>header</WidgetZone>


for example.

Once you restart the application header_before will be available as a widget zone for the HTML widgets plugin.

Your other option would be to add a custom widget zone on the far left from the language selector.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com