Close

How can i add more parameter to a query which get product list for Nop JCarousel?

manishak79
10 years ago
#3658 Quote
Hi ,
How can i add more parameter to a query which get product list for Nop JCarousel? i.e. wanted to modify plugin. it is possible? because i did't get any code for same. what i found is
@model SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.JCarousel.Models.JCarouselModel but no source code for the JCarouselModel.

Thanks
Support
10 years ago
#3664 Quote
Hi MANISHAK79,

As you know we do not provide source code, so you will not be able to modify the JCarouselModel.

You can add your logic in the view itself on the Model.Items property which will contain the products returned for a given data source type.
Or if you are more familiar with MVC you can create your own controller and add your logic there, have a view from which you can call a specific action from the JCarousel and passing an IEnumerable<ProductOverviewModel> which will be rotated in the carousel.

Please let us know if you need help with the second option with the action and the custom controller.

Best Regards!

d.frankenberger
8 years ago
#11951 Quote
Can you give me more information about building my own controller and action to use jCarousel with the ProductOverviewModel? Me and my company are interested in this plugin, but we need more product information in the view from ProductOverviewModel. Please let me know how to manage this, so that we are able to use this plugin for our solution.
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#11954 Quote
d.frankenberger wrote:
Can you give me more information about building my own controller and action to use jCarousel with the ProductOverviewModel? Me and my company are interested in this plugin, but we need more product information in the view from ProductOverviewModel. Please let me know how to manage this, so that we are able to use this plugin for our solution.

Hi,

We do not support manual integration anymore and you don't need it actually. You can use ActionFilters to hook after the ProductOverviewModels are prepared and then you should add your additional information there.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
d.frankenberger
7 years ago
#12008 Quote
What can I do if I need additional info like the name of the corresponding productgroup name and link for the products shown in the filter?
hristian.dimov
7 years ago
#12013 Quote
d.frankenberger wrote:
What can I do if I need additional info like the name of the corresponding productgroup name and link for the products shown in the filter?

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more on this? It would be very helpful if you explain what are you trying to do and what do you exactly need so that we can advise you.

Looking forward to your reply!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com