Close

Total newbie help w Smart Seo

limsy
10 years ago
#2764 Quote
Hi! I've installed your smart seo but being a total newbie w seo.. I've totally no idea how to begin. I've look through your guide but I'm still clueless.

I know I have to add a new SEO Template... but I don't know what to fill.  Could you give me a sample to look at?  I just need something for me to work on so I can understand the concept better.

My site is VERY simple as it doesn't have any category.  Product selection is very small but it changes quite often (the idea is somewhat like a weekly deals site).  All my products are grouped under a dummy category called "Products".

I've created a Template, gave it a name. Saved it and linked it to my sole Category under Category Mapping.  Now what do I do?  How does this works?   Sorry if I'm asking such a basic question...  

Thank you for your time.

SY Lim.
IvanStoyanov
10 years ago
#2773 Quote
limsy wrote:
Hi! I've installed your smart seo but being a total newbie w seo.. I've totally no idea how to begin. I've look through your guide but I'm still clueless.

I know I have to add a new SEO Template... but I don't know what to fill.  Could you give me a sample to look at?  I just need something for me to work on so I can understand the concept better.

My site is VERY simple as it doesn't have any category.  Product selection is very small but it changes quite often (the idea is somewhat like a weekly deals site).  All my products are grouped under a dummy category called "Products".

I've created a Template, gave it a name. Saved it and linked it to my sole Category under Category Mapping.  Now what do I do?  How does this works?   Sorry if I'm asking such a basic question...  

Thank you for your time.

SY Lim.

Hi Lim,

When you create a new SEO Template, you can see, that there is a sample data added to the settings. You can use that as a reference and create your own title, keywords, description, etc.

The SEO Optimization is a very vast topic and we can not explain it in this forum post, nor there is a single template for the SEO data. The data is different for each website.

When you create your SEO Template, leave the Is Global setting checked. This means, that this SEO Template will be applied to all products, categories and manufacturers in your store. You do not need to map it to a category.

You can read the following guide for more information: http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/bg//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
hayyam
10 years ago
#3492 Quote
Hi,

I'm using smart SEO and im happy with that plugin but how can i get my xml for webmaster sitemapping?, Normally for nopcommerce when i enter" http://www.mystore.com/sitemap.SEO.aspx"
link i can get my sitemap but when i use this plugin i cant use that link

please help me about that asap.

Thank you.
Boyko
10 years ago
#3496 Quote
hayyam wrote:
Hi,

I'm using smart SEO and im happy with that plugin but how can i get my xml for webmaster sitemapping?, Normally for nopcommerce when i enter" http://www.mystore.com/sitemap.SEO.aspx"
link i can get my sitemap but when i use this plugin i cant use that link

please help me about that asap.

Thank you.

Hi hayyam,

As far as I remember this used to be in the versions before nopCommerce 2.xx. I am not aware if this is possible in the current version.
Please note that the Smart SEO plugin has nothing to do with the generation of a sitemap xml file although it would be a nice addition to it.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
hayyam
10 years ago
#3507 Quote
Hi again,

I didnt updated my version yet, I'm still using nopcommerce 2,80:)
when i disable smart seo i can generate xml but when i enable smart seo, xml disables. wouldnt it be great if there is an way to get that xml because otherwise i'm gonna have to disable smart sea which i dont want but google sitemapping is more important for seo
Boyko
10 years ago
#3511 Quote
hayyam wrote:
Hi again,

I didnt updated my version yet, I'm still using nopcommerce 2,80:)
when i disable smart seo i can generate xml but when i enable smart seo, xml disables. wouldnt it be great if there is an way to get that xml because otherwise i'm gonna have to disable smart sea which i dont want but google sitemapping is more important for seo

Hi hayyam,

Sorry but I am a bit confused.
What do you mean by that when you disable the Smart SEO you can generate xml?
The part that I don't understand is "I can generate xml". How do you generate xml, what are the steps to do this, so that we can give it a try and check how this relates to the Smart SEO plugin.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
hayyam
10 years ago
#3513 Quote
Hi again,

Sorry about my english=)
nopcommerce generates an XML aoutomaticly for all the links for sitemapping in webmaster tool,
with " www.YOURSTORE.com/sitemapSEO.aspx " link. But when i enable smartSEO i cant use it.
I have thousands of products and lots of categories which i wrote every one of tham introduction for google SEO, now i need to add tham to sitemapping in webmaster tool to make google to index my website more quickly.

Thank you very much
Boyko
10 years ago
#3514 Quote
hayyam wrote:
Hi again,

Sorry about my english=)
nopcommerce generates an XML aoutomaticly for all the links for sitemapping in webmaster tool,
with " www.YOURSTORE.com/sitemapSEO.aspx " link. But when i enable smartSEO i cant use it.
I have thousands of products and lots of categories which i wrote every one of tham introduction for google SEO, now i need to add tham to sitemapping in webmaster tool to make google to index my website more quickly.

Thank you very much

Hi hayyam,

The problem is that when I uninstall the Smart SEO plugin and try to open /sitemapSEO.aspx nothing happens and I am redirected to the Home page. Are you sure that this is something that comes out of the box in nopCommerce and it is not something you have installed.
I also searched in the entire nopCommerce solution for sitemapSEO.aspx but I couldn't find anything.

P.S: your English is very good by the way :)

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
hayyam
10 years ago
#3543 Quote
Hi again,
When you try to enter link it directs you to the hompage but when you add that link to your webmster tool sitemapping xml, it gives you all your links xml for google index. yo can find the information about that " http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/1519/xml-sitemap.aspx?p=2 "  when i try to entegrate that to my webmaster tool it only gives me 260 links for index and all the pages it gives me are the pages where im not using smartSeo. How can i solve this problem and let google index my store :)
Boyko
10 years ago
#3546 Quote
hayyam wrote:
Hi again,
When you try to enter link it directs you to the hompage but when you add that link to your webmster tool sitemapping xml, it gives you all your links xml for google index. yo can find the information about that " http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/1519/xml-sitemap.aspx?p=2 "  when i try to entegrate that to my webmaster tool it only gives me 260 links for index and all the pages it gives me are the pages where im not using smartSeo. How can i solve this problem and let google index my store :)

Hi hayyam,

I just noticed that there is a route registered in nopCommerce about this but it is without .aspx.
It is called "SitemapSEO" and you can access it via www.yourstorename.com/SitemapSEO.
I just tested it in nopCommerce 2.8 but regardless of the Smart SEO plugin it always shows the same results.I have no idea how you access this xml data with .aspx or probably you have registered another route and also how the Smart SEO could affect the sitemap generation.
Here is the code in the CommonController and the SitemapSeo method:

//SEO sitemap page
        [NopHttpsRequirement(SslRequirement.No)]
        public ActionResult SitemapSeo()
        {
            if (!_commonSettings.SitemapEnabled)
                return RedirectToRoute("HomePage");

string siteMap = _sitemapGenerator.Generate();
            return Content(siteMap, "text/xml");
        }

Hope this helps!

Thanks