Close

Upgraded to 3.0 and template is messed up

rscott78
10 years ago
#2568 Quote
I upgraded my site today to version 3.0. My template is somewhat messed up. Additionally, the store is slow -- even going through my CDN.

My prior version was 2.65 and was zippy. I could surf around no problem. Now though... ugh... well check it out.

Any suggestions on fixing the template would be welcomed.

To compare, here's what my store looked like on 2.65 (http://teststore.incontrolzwave.com/). Basically, my anywhere sliders are gone and the menu at the top is out of line. When I login as Admin, the admin menu appears on the left side of the screen.

EDIT

It seems in the move even my original site is messed up; here's a list of what's not working:
- I used to have categories on the main menu. Now you'll notice they are embedded in the page down below
- My main slider isn't working - it actually is working on the main site so you can see it there
- Forums is *really* messed up

In the end, it almost feels like I'm missing CSS/Images or something. I've tried to re-copy my Themes/Electronics folder as well as my plugins.
chirag_binni
10 years ago
#2577 Quote
Hi Guys [Milen / Boyko],
Tried to upgrade from 2.8 to 3.0 but doesn't work.
We downloaded package for upgrade of electronics theme. upgrade doesn't work. It takes almost half an hour to load every page after upgradation of elecronics theme. Tried couple of times and reinstall from fresh copy of our old database but the same result. Although, nopcommerce 3.0 is working perfectly with its default theme (Default clean). But after upgrading with electronics theme and plugins, somehow it's take almost 20-30 min. to open website and it's other pages.
Please help.
Chirag
YashChandra
10 years ago
#2578 Quote
Hi Ryan, Chirag,

First of all this is really strange as we have tested the theme and are looking at it right now and it works just fine.
I would like to ask you if you had run both the nopCommerce 3.0 upgrade script and our upgrade script?

If yes, would you be able to send us a copy of your original database, so that we can upgrade it and have a look?

Thanks
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
Support
10 years ago
#2579 Quote
rscott78 wrote:
I upgraded my site today to version 3.0. My template is somewhat messed up. Additionally, the store is slow -- even going through my CDN.

My prior version was 2.65 and was zippy. I could surf around no problem. Now though... ugh... well check it out.

Any suggestions on fixing the template would be welcomed.

To compare, here's what my store looked like on 2.65 (http://teststore.incontrolzwave.com/). Basically, my anywhere sliders are gone and the menu at the top is out of line. When I login as Admin, the admin menu appears on the left side of the screen.

EDIT

It seems in the move even my original site is messed up; here's a list of what's not working:
- I used to have categories on the main menu. Now you'll notice they are embedded in the page down below
- My main slider isn't working - it actually is working on the main site so you can see it there
- Forums is *really* messed up

In the end, it almost feels like I'm missing CSS/Images or something. I've tried to re-copy my Themes/Electronics folder as well as my plugins.

Hi Ryan,

We did have a look at your site and the design seems ok, except some issues that have been already fixed. You can download the theme again from your My Downloads section and replace the theme and the plugins with the new ones. Then you must click Ctrl+F5 several times in order to clear your browser’s cache.

Hope that helps!
rscott78
10 years ago
#2581 Quote
Support wrote:

Hi Ryan,

We did have a look at your site and the design seems ok, except some issues that have been already fixed. You can download the theme again from your My Downloads section and replace the theme and the plugins with the new ones. Then you must click Ctrl+F5 several times in order to clear your browser’s cache.

Hope that helps!

I applied the fixes in the new download, but the site continued to be out of alignment. When the other poster (Chirag) mentioned that his worked on the default theme, I switched mine to that as well and it's SOOO FAST now. It appears that something with the Electronics theme or perhaps a plugin is doing something bad. I noticed that my CPU spikes and stays at 100% when that theme is selected. For now it's turned off so that people can actually use my site. Please let me know how I can assist you in troubleshooting.

I've got skype for IM chat if that helps.
rscott78
10 years ago
#2582 Quote
I disabled all my SevenSpikes plugins then re-enabled the Electronics theme and the site is performing well, though of course most of the goodness is gone because of the lack of plugins. I then started to systematically re-enable the plugins and found that Mega Menu was the biggest problem -- with it enabled, the CPU would spike to 100 and stay at 100% for 30 seconds or longer. The next problem plugin was the Ajax Filter; it would cause spikes but they didn't last for nearly as long.

I hope that's enough info to find and fix the problem with those two plugins.

Ryan
Support
10 years ago
#2583 Quote
rscott78 wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Hope that helps!

I applied the fixes in the new download, but the site continued to be out of alignment. When the other poster (Chirag) mentioned that his worked on the default theme, I switched mine to that as well and it's SOOO FAST now. It appears that something with the Electronics theme or perhaps a plugin is doing something bad. I noticed that my CPU spikes and stays at 100% when that theme is selected. For now it's turned off so that people can actually use my site. Please let me know how I can assist you in troubleshooting.

I've got skype for IM chat if that helps.

Hi Ryan,

Before there was a problem with the categories on the home page, but now they are aligned. Can you please try again to press Ctrl+F5 several times and see if there is any difference. Can you also tell us what browser do you use.

Best Regards!
rscott78
10 years ago
#2589 Quote
CTRL-F5 worked, though my forums don't look right still, unless this is the new look?

http://store.incontrolzwave.com/boards/topic/140/cloud-server-handshake
Support
10 years ago
#2590 Quote
Hi,

We will fix the issues with the forum in a day or so. After we are ready with the 3.0 release we will restyle all the forums in our themes to make them look nicer and more modern.

Thanks for the patience!
Support
10 years ago
#2591 Quote
Hi Ryan, Chirag,

We have fixed a huge bottleneck in the Nop Mega Menu that should improve the performance of our products. Please download the packages again and replace the Nop Mega Menu plugin with the new one from the downloaded package.

Please let us know if there is improvement in the speed of loading!

Thanks!