Close

Tabs on Category pages?

mstuart
11 years ago
#2335 Quote
Is it possible to assign tabs to select category pages?  ...or product pages only?

Tabs on category pages would be a nice addition.
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2336 Quote
mstuart wrote:
Is it possible to assign tabs to select category pages?  ...or product pages only?

Tabs on category pages would be a nice addition.

Hi mstuart,

Currently the Nop Quick Tabs plugin does not have the functionality to be added to a category page.
Can you give us more information on where do you want the tabs on the category page to be used? Do you want the category description to be in a tab?

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
mstuart
11 years ago
#2338 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:
Currently the Nop Quick Tabs plugin does not have the functionality to be added to a category page.
Can you give us more information on where do you want the tabs on the category page to be used? Do you want the category description to be in a tab?

Ivan Stoyanov

I assumed that was that case... so began doing some R&D.  I added in some standard jQuery tabs to a new Category template and was able to display the following.

Overview tab = Category Description
Video tab = Embedded video

*** This is what I'm looking for.  The ability to assign tabs (e.g.: Video) to category pages.
Boyko
11 years ago
#2341 Quote
mstuart wrote:

*** This is what I'm looking for.  The ability to assign tabs (e.g.: Video) to category pages.

Hi mstuart,

You can embed your videos directly into the Category description or under it.
If you want tabs you can add them in the description of the category.
Unfortunately you can't add javascript into the description but you can add it into the Category template and create the tabs into the description.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mstuart
11 years ago
#2342 Quote
Boyko wrote:

You can embed your videos directly into the Category description or under it.
If you want tabs you can add them in the description of the category.
Unfortunately you can't add javascript into the description but you can add it into the Category template and create the tabs into the description.

Hope this helps!

That worked and looks great!

It's not exactly easy to set up from a web administrator perspective, but as a developer... it's pretty simple.

Many Thanks!