Close

Switching from electronics to fashion themes

joster
11 years ago
#2225 Quote
We started out with the electronics theme and have loaded most of our products and product attributes into the database.  We'd like to switch to the fashion theme.  Are we going to be able to use the same db or are we going to have to rebuild our db in the new theme?

Thanks.

Jeff
Boyko
11 years ago
#2226 Quote
joster wrote:
We started out with the electronics theme and have loaded most of our products and product attributes into the database.  We'd like to switch to the fashion theme.  Are we going to be able to use the same db or are we going to have to rebuild our db in the new theme?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sure you can use the same database. The difference between the two themes are only in some of the settings for the plugins but they can easily be changed from the administration. When we provide each plugin for a given theme we add the optimum settings for this specific theme i.e the width and the height for the Zoom window for the Nop Cloud Zoom pugin etc. The easiest way to get the default settings for the Fashion theme for a given plugin is to simply uninstall the plugin and install the plugin again. Simply use the one that comes with the Fashion theme package and it will add the default settings for the Fashion theme automatically during the installation.

Should you need any help please let us know and we will be glad to assist.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
11 years ago
#2230 Quote
Thanks Boyko.  You made my day.

Jeff
joster
11 years ago
#2343 Quote
Well...
We're having a bit of trouble with the installation of the Fashion theme.

We installed the 2.65 version of the fashion theme by completing the following steps:

1. copied just the /Plugins/SevenSpikes.Theme.Fashion into our plugins folder
2. copied the entire fashion theme folder into our themes directory
3. added a line in the InstalledApps.txt file referencing the fashion theme
4. via Administration area, Configuration>>Settings>>General & Misc. Settings...changed the theme to Fashion and clicked save.

This is the error I'm now getting when I view the home page:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.

Source Error:

Line 28:     </ul>
Line 29:     <ul class="copyright">
Line 30:         @Html.Action("NopCommerceCopyright", "Fashion")
Line 31:         <li class="first">@Html.Action("ContentCopyrightNotice", "Fashion")</li>
Line 32:         <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "conditionsofUse" })">@T("ConditionsOfUse")</a></li>

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MFS2\Themes\Fashion\Views\Common\InfoBlock.cshtml    Line: 30

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController.]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can go back in my browser and change it back to Electronics and it works fine, but if I select the checkbox to allow customers to choose theme, and leave it on Electronics, it's the same error.

I am afraid I won't be able to access the admin area to change it, so am going back now and changing it back to Electronics until I hear from someone.

Thanks-
Boyko
11 years ago
#2345 Quote
joster wrote:
Well...

We installed the 2.65 version of the fashion theme by completing the following steps:

4. via Administration area, Configuration>>Settings>>General & Misc. Settings...changed the theme to Fashion and clicked save.

Hi Joster,

As you have the Electronics theme already installed and you need to install the Fashion theme and switch to it you need to do the followings:
1. Copy all the plugins from the Fashion theme package and add them into the Plugins folder replacing the existing ones as the plugins that come with the Fashion theme has the styling specific to the Fashion theme.
2. You need to properly install the Fashion theme plugin by going to the administration and click Install rather than just marking the plugin as installed from the InstalledPlugins.txt file. This is needed as the Fashion theme plugin adds settings and resources specific to the Fashion theme.

Then you need to restart the application and the best way to do this is to modify the Global.asax file by adding some empty spaces in it and save it just to trigger a proper application restart.

That's all and you should now simply switch to the Fashion theme. If you want to keep both themes on the same instance of nopCommerce then you need to have both theme plugins installed and also keep both theme folders Fashion and Electronics in the Themes folders of the plugins, so that when switching between the themes the proper styling is used.

Please let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
joster
11 years ago
#2346 Quote
Boyko wrote:
Well...

Hi Joster,

As you have the Electronics theme already installed and you need to install the Fashion theme and switch to it you need to do the followings:
1. Copy all the plugins from the Fashion theme package and add them into the Plugins folder replacing the existing ones as the plugins that come with the Fashion theme has the styling specific to the Fashion theme.
2. You need to properly install the Fashion theme plugin by going to the administration and click Install rather than just marking the plugin as installed from the InstalledPlugins.txt file. This is needed as the Fashion theme plugin adds settings and resources specific to the Fashion theme.

Then you need to restart the application and the best way to do this is to modify the Global.asax file by adding some empty spaces in it and save it just to trigger a proper application restart.

That's all and you should now simply switch to the Fashion theme. If you want to keep both themes on the same instance of nopCommerce then you need to have both theme plugins installed and also keep both theme folders Fashion and Electronics in the Themes folders of the plugins, so that when switching between the themes the proper styling is used.

Please let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance!

Thanks

OK...I replaced my existing plugins(including SevenSpikes.Core) with the ones bundled in the nop 2.65 fashion theme, then went to the website in a browser..I logged onto the admin area, now have this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".

Source Error:

Line 137:            //.Compress(true)
Line 138:            ))
Line 139:    @(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar()
Line 140:            .jQuery(false)
Line 141:            .jQueryValidation(false)

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MFS2\Administration\Views\Shared\_AdminLayout.cshtml    Line: 139

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found
~\Plugins\Scripts\2012.1.214\telerik.common.min.js

but that's the closest named file I can find in my installation. (scratching head)

Thanks for your help!
Boyko
11 years ago
#2347 Quote
joster wrote:
Well...
OK...I replaced my existing plugins(including SevenSpikes.Core) with the ones bundled in the nop 2.65 fashion theme, then went to the website in a browser..I logged onto the admin area, now have this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".

Source Error:

Line 137:            //.Compress(true)
Line 138:            ))
Line 139:    @(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar()
Line 140:            .jQuery(false)
Line 141:            .jQueryValidation(false)

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MFS2\Administration\Views\Shared\_AdminLayout.cshtml    Line: 139

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Specified file does not exist: "~/Scripts/telerik.common.js".]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found
~\Plugins\Scripts\2012.1.214\telerik.common.min.js

but that's the closest named file I can find in my installation. (scratching head)

Thanks for your help!

Hi Joster,

This error doesn't seem to be related to our plugins as none of our plugins links any of the telerik script files. Please try to upload the Adminstration folder again. Sometimes we have experienced strange  problems with our FTP client when uploading to the server. For example it happens to have two files to have their names switched i.e file1 got renamed to file2 and file2 to be renamed to file1, which causes very strange problems as the wrong files are loaded and this can really drive you crazy.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team