Close

I customised nop commerce search, but Ajax Filters ignores it

mrabjohn
4 years ago
#16212 Quote
Hi,

My client required that I add a "Product Sub Title" field to the site. Obviously this is not a nopCommerce field so I popped it into GenericAtttributes and modified the LoadAllProducts (nopcommerce 4.0) procedure.

I have recently been weighing up how to get this to work with FULL TEXT SEARCH, and so I have also saved a copy into LocalizedProperties, and hard coded a search in EN-US into LoadAllProducts.

Whilst this works on a bare NopCommerce site, the client complained that the search is not working in the live site. I have discovered that Ajax Filters doesn't seem to sit on top of LoadAllProducts, and worse it's content is secured and not editable.

How can I get Ajax Filters to function in a system that has already has custom search logic - is there somewhere I could implement this logic for Ajax Filters?

Cheers,

Mark
Boyko
4 years ago
#16221 Quote
mrabjohn wrote:
Hi,

My client required that I add a "Product Sub Title" field to the site. Obviously this is not a nopCommerce field so I popped it into GenericAtttributes and modified the LoadAllProducts (nopcommerce 4.0) procedure.

I have recently been weighing up how to get this to work with FULL TEXT SEARCH, and so I have also saved a copy into LocalizedProperties, and hard coded a search in EN-US into LoadAllProducts.

Whilst this works on a bare NopCommerce site, the client complained that the search is not working in the live site. I have discovered that Ajax Filters doesn't seem to sit on top of LoadAllProducts, and worse it's content is secured and not editable.

How can I get Ajax Filters to function in a system that has already has custom search logic - is there somewhere I could implement this logic for Ajax Filters?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Please submit a ticket providing more information about your changes etc. and we will advise what to do!

p.s: This is a public forum and it is not suitable for file sharing or code sharing
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team