Close

Poor Image Compression with the Theme (NOP Commerce 4.1)

[email protected]
4 years ago
#15991 Quote
Hi ,

I am facing high website load and slow performance due to poor image resizing and compression done by theme.   Instance : Main Slider Image I is 600kb but on theme the size increase to 1.5 Mb . Similar cases to other banner and marketing images aswell. Request team to correct the above issue for Web performance .

nikola.dragiev
4 years ago
#15995 Quote
Hello,

In our plugins, we use the nopCommerce Picture controller for file uploading. In our products, we only use the ID of the picture so in essence if you add a picture anywhere in nopCommerce(for example you can test it with Product picture) the file will be resized the same way. There is indeed such an issue with larger images than the original size but it comes from the default nopCommerce functionality and we have no control over that code. As a workaround, you can open the \wwwroot\images\thumbs folder and replace the images with the original by hand. Also, you can report that to the nopCommerce support team and maybe they can come up with a solution for the next versions of the platform.
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
4 years ago
#15996 Quote
Hi Nikola Dragiev,

Thank you for the comment and information. With trial and error I found solution. The upload should be in Jpg file. Ealier I was using PNG and for some reason the file size kept increasing. With Jpg file and image file size came down.

nikola.dragiev
4 years ago
#16007 Quote
Hello,

We created a post for the issue in the nopCommerce community forum and we will see if the problem will be handled by the nopCommerce development team.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/71252/the-images-are-generated-larger-than-the-original-in-the-thumbs-folder.aspx
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com