Close

Slow performance on 2.81

mrbombay
11 years ago
#2094 Quote
Hi Nop-Templates,

I'm testing the ajax filters on my fast local machine, and use mini-profiler to watch te load time. When i load my parent category from the main-menu (1200 products - products from subcategories included) i register a time of 0,5 seconds (after caching). When i filter the first time i'm getting a slow response after 31 seconds. The second filter has a response time of 25 seconds. This is way to slow to use in production. Could this be solved? These are the filters i use:

New

-New

Sale

-Sale

Main Color

-Cognac
-Zwart
-brons
-Wit
-Rood
-Beige
-Bruin
-Bordeau
-Blauw
-Grijs
-Taupe
-Multicolor
-Roze
-Fushia
-Kaki
-Oranje
-Zilver
-Camel
-Groen
-Geel
-Lichtblauw
-goud
-Paars
-Roestbruin

Extra Colors

-Groen
-Roze
-Wit
-Rood
-Beige
-Multicolor
-Grijs
-Zwart
-Blauw
-Oranje
-Camel
-Geel
-Fushia
-Zilver
-Bruin
-Goud
-Lichtblauw
-Violet
-Brons

Shape

-Plat
-Plateau
-Trechterhak
-Naaldhak/Sliletto
-Sleehak/Wedge
-Blokhak

Height

-tot 3 cm
-3 cm - 5 cm
-plat
-5 cm - 9 cm
-plateau
-hoger dan 9 cm

Inner Material

-Leer
-Overige
-Textiel

Material

-Imitatieleer
-Leer
-Lak
-Daim
-Textiel
-Kunststof

Cover

-Nee
-Ja

Season

-Lente / Zomer
-Geen seizoen
-Herfst / Winter

Size

-35/36
-35/37
-36/37
-37/38
-38/39
-38/40
-39/40
-40/41
-41/42
-41/43
-42/43
-44/45
-46/47

Manufacturers

-Mode-Mania
-Adidas
-Aigle
-Blink
-Bluehaven
-Brako
-Bullboxer
Caprice
Converse
Dockers
Ecco
Esprit
Fly Flot
Hush Puppies
La Strada
Marco Tozzi
Mustang
Nike
O'Neill
Puma
Replay
Rucanor
S. Oliver
Scapa
SPM Shoes & Boots
Tamaris
Terre Bleue
Tommy Hilfiger
Aco
Arthur & Aston
Birkenstock
Celtics
Gino Ventori
Klondike
La Plume
Napapijri
Reflexan
Bibob
Claudia Ghizzani
Jana
Poelman
Blenzo
Besik
Hot Ice
Alberto la torre
Gianni Gregori
Imac
Vicenza
Royalty
Christian Di Riccio
Anvers
Cebo
Moheda Toffeln
Rontani
Vidorreta
Lazamani
Minnetonka
Studio London
Ania
Hi-tec
oppus
JFK
Mexx
Harrykson
Avant 1iere
Le coq sportif
Shepherd
Sergio
Zapa Negra
New Balance
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2096 Quote
mrbombay wrote:
Hi Nop-Templates,

I'm testing the ajax filters on my fast local machine, and use mini-profiler to watch te load time. When i load my parent category from the main-menu (1200 products - products from subcategories included) i register a time of 0,5 seconds (after caching). When i filter the first time i'm getting a slow response after 31 seconds. The second filter has a response time of 25 seconds. This is way to slow to use in production. Could this be solved? These are the filters i use:

Hi mrbombay,

We are aware of this problem. It is caused by the large number of products that you have in your category. The Nop Ajax Filters are doing a lot more than the default nopCommerce filters (calculating the discounts, available options after filtration, etc.). We recommend a maximum of 300-400 products in a category and products from subcategories not included. We recommend this not only because of the Nop Ajax Filters, but also because of user experience. When you have a lot of products with different specifications, attributes and manufacturers, the list of this options is too long and it is hard for the user to find and select the necessary option and make the right filtration. At the moment we are working on performance optimization of the Nop Ajax  Filters plugin. We will notify you when we are ready.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
Boyko
11 years ago
#2097 Quote
Hi,

Are you using the latest version 2.81 of the Filters as we did some caching performance improvements last week?
You can also try to disable the Manufacturer filter and see if this makes any difference.
But the best advice to you is to reorganize you category structure and don't include products from subcategories in the Filters settings. We have left this option for shops that don't have a lot of products in their subcategories. This will improve performance as well as the user experience, like Ivan said, as otherwise the number of Filtering options increases and definitely confuses the users.

Could you send an email at support at nop-templates.com and send us your FTP credentials, so that we can get your database locally and test the Filters with it. This will help us improve the Filters faster.

Many thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team