Close

Installed & configured Mega Menu but menu is still the same

THenrich
11 years ago
#2029 Quote
I installed Mega Menu and configured it. I checked the checkboxes, saved, cleared nopCommerce cache and restarted the app. Refresh the page and restarted the browser but when I hover over the menu, I don't see any changes. It's still the same original menu.

What am I missing?

http://i45.tinypic.com/a27uye.jpg
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#2030 Quote
THenrich wrote:
I installed Mega Menu and configured it. I checked the checkboxes, saved, cleared nopCommerce cache and restarted the app. Refresh the page and restarted the browser but when I hover over the menu, I don't see any changes. It's still the same original menu.

What am I missing?

http://i45.tinypic.com/a27uye.jpg

Hi THenrich,

What version of nopCommerce are you using?

Also did you enabled the widget of the Mega Menu plugin? To do so go to Content Management => Widgets and enable the Mega Menu plugin.

Also you can try to uninstall and install the plugin. I can see that you are missing the resources.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
THenrich
11 years ago
#2038 Quote
I installed Mega Menu on a fresh nopCommerce 2.8. Now I get this error:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String Nop.Services.Media.IPictureService.GetPictureUrl(Nop.Core.Domain.Media.Picture, Int32, Boolean, System.Nullable`1<Boolean>)'.]
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.PreparePictureModel(Int32 pictureId, String categoryName) +0
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.(Category ) +556
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.() +392
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.() +121
   Nop.Core.Caching.CacheExtensions.Get(ICacheManager cacheManager, String key, Int32 cacheTime, Func`1 acquire) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.Core\Caching\Extensions.cs:23
   Nop.Core.Caching.CacheExtensions.Get(ICacheManager cacheManager, String key, Func`1 acquire) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.Core\Caching\Extensions.cs:12
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.(Int32 ) +214
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.MegaMenu() +90
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +79
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +274
Boyko
11 years ago
#2039 Quote
THenrich wrote:
I installed Mega Menu on a fresh nopCommerce 2.8. Now I get this error:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String Nop.Services.Media.IPictureService.GetPictureUrl(Nop.Core.Domain.Media.Picture, Int32, Boolean, System.Nullable`1<Boolean>)'.]
   SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu.Controllers.MegaMenuController.PreparePictureModel(Int32 pictureId, String categoryName) +0

Hi THenrich,

It looks like you either don't use the official nopCommerce 2.8 or you have modified the PictureService in nopCommerce. Please make sure you use the official nopCommerce 2.8 version and not the currently work in progress version of nopCommerce 3.0 that is available on codeplex as there are some breaking changes in it.

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
THenrich
11 years ago
#2047 Quote
It seems I was using the latest source. I got the official release and it works now. Thanks.