Close

Changing Instant Search To Use Broad Match

Lance
5 years ago
#14535 Quote
Is it possible to change Instant Search to use a broad match so that it would return all results containing the search terms in any order and not necessarily together?

Also, I need this functionality to search in only the product name and tags only. As our product descriptions contain far to many shared terms.

For example:
Product Name or Tag contains "billet steel yoke"
Search term = "billet yoke"

Using broad match, Search would return the product with a match

Thanks,

Lance
anton_ivanov
5 years ago
#14537 Quote
Hello Lance,

You can try enabling the Full-Text search functionality in nopCommerce.
This can be done by clicking the "Enable Full-Text" button on the bottom of the Administration -> Configuration -> Settings -> General Settings page and then changing the Search mode setting to "Using CONTAINS and OR with prefix_term".

Note: Please note that this is a nopCommerce functionality and is not part of any of our products. The Instant Search plugin just adds additional functionality to the default nopCommerce search and doesn't change how it works.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
Lance
5 years ago
#14538 Quote
Anton,

Thank you for the quick response. I made the changes that you suggested and it did improve the search results for search terms that are contained in the product name.

I will contact nopCommerce directly to attempt to resolve the tag exact match issue.