Close

Discount price display

Damir
5 years ago
#14496 Quote
Hi, I've got an issue with the theme when working with discounts. When I lower the price on one product both old and new price are shown in product listings. However, if I create a discount and apply it on a category for example, only the new price is displayed. It's bad because showing an old price too helps selling more products... People like discounts.

On detail page the old price is also shown, but what I can see it doesn't play well with variants. If I have some price-changing attributes, only the discounted price is changed when I choose one of these. It looks very weird with those price differences. So I guess my questions is what I can do to show both prices in listings so people can see they got discount, and also, what to do to show old price with price-changing attributes chosen.
Boyko
5 years ago
#14499 Quote
Damir wrote:
Hi, I've got an issue with the theme when working with discounts. When I lower the price on one product both old and new price are shown in product listings. However, if I create a discount and apply it on a category for example, only the new price is displayed. It's bad because showing an old price too helps selling more products... People like discounts.

On detail page the old price is also shown, but what I can see it doesn't play well with variants. If I have some price-changing attributes, only the discounted price is changed when I choose one of these. It looks very weird with those price differences. So I guess my questions is what I can do to show both prices in listings so people can see they got discount, and also, what to do to show old price with price-changing attributes chosen.

Hi Damir,

I don't think this is a problem in the theme but this is how nopCommerce show prices in general.
You can try switching to the DefaultClean theme and you will see the same behavior.
Please note that our themes are consistent with how nopCommerce works and we do not change any of the price logic in the themes.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Damir
5 years ago
#14501 Quote
OK, thank you for the answer, I'll try asking the same in nopCommerce forum. It's weird though that regular price is not shown together with discounted one...
Boyko
5 years ago
#14502 Quote
Damir wrote:
OK, thank you for the answer, I'll try asking the same in nopCommerce forum. It's weird though that regular price is not shown together with discounted one...

Hi Damir,

Yes, you are right. For example on our website (at the time of writing Nop-Templates.com runs on nopCommerce 3.90) we have modified the code to show the old price and the discounted price when using discounts (not old/new price).
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
mavera1
3 years ago
#21118 Quote
Boyko wrote:

Hi Damir,

Yes, you are right. For example on our website (at the time of writing Nop-Templates.com runs on nopCommerce 3.90) we have modified the code to show the old price and the discounted price when using discounts (not old/new price).

So is it possible to share the code you applied? I use 4.00 but it doesn't matter.

Thanks