Close

Left Vertical Category Menu not showing in Mobile

usrs
6 years ago
#14142 Quote
I've had the Mega Menu running just fine for quite awhile. However, just noticed that when using a mobile phone, that the Category menu doesn't show, however the list of Manufacturers does. I'm using the Default Clean template (and NOP 3.9).

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!
Valentin
6 years ago
#14144 Quote
usrs wrote:
I've had the Mega Menu running just fine for quite awhile. However, just noticed that when using a mobile phone, that the Category menu doesn't show, however the list of Manufacturers does. I'm using the Default Clean template (and NOP 3.9).

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Greetings,

we are not able to recreate this issue. Could you be more specific - on what device are you experiencing this issue, a link to your site would also be helpful so we can test it directly.

Looking forward to your answer!
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
usrs
6 years ago
#14145 Quote
Sorry, I should have posted a link.  www.USReloadingSupply.com  
I'm seeing the issue on a Samsung Note 5. Thanks
Valentin
6 years ago
#14147 Quote
usrs wrote:
Sorry, I should have posted a link.  www.USReloadingSupply.com  
I'm seeing the issue on a Samsung Note 5. Thanks

Greetings,

we tested your site on multiple devices, but we cannot seem to reproduce the issue. Check the attached images for reference.

Note 4
Note 8
Galaxy S5

Can you tell us what kind of browser are you using on your device, and maybe give us some screenshots.

Looking forward to your answer.
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
usrs
6 years ago
#14148 Quote
Do you have to click the Menu to get this? If I click the menu, I do get it, but when I just get to the site it doesn't display. Looks like on some devices it shows, and some it doesn't. http://mobiletest.me/google_nexus_7_emulator/?u=http://www.usreloadingsupply.com I did see a couple of phones where it does show immediately and some where it doesn't (like the link above.) Thanks!
Valentin
6 years ago
#14149 Quote
usrs wrote:
Do you have to click the Menu to get this? If I click the menu, I do get it, but when I just get to the site it doesn't display. Looks like on some devices it shows, and some it doesn't. http://mobiletest.me/google_nexus_7_emulator/?u=http://www.usreloadingsupply.com I did see a couple of phones where it does show immediately and some where it doesn't (like the link above.) Thanks!

Greetings,

well as far as I understand your questions is - Why is main navigation menu collapsed on mobile devices, and it shows only when you click it?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

However, if that is the case, then I must tell you that this is how the mobile navigation works on every responsive/mobile website. It is made that way in order to prevent bad user experience if the navigation is too long e.g. when it has many categories and sub-categories.

You do have to click the Menu button in order to expand the mobile navigation, and the same goes for the Manufacturers dropdown that you have.

Looking forward to your answer!
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com
usrs
6 years ago
#14150 Quote
Well, you did straighten me out on that one! So it sounds like it is really doing what it is supposed to be doing then. On one of my older phones, it did show fully extended, and does on the Google Mobile test, which is just the way they do it for testing I guess. Thank you very much for you time and effort on this, sure appreciate it! Jim
Freddy1234
6 years ago
#14207 Quote
Hello

I think the "issue" that occurs on mobile, and that costumer finds confusing
(been involved now in user testing on mega menu and pavilion template )

It is how the Mega menu works togheter with som of the templates when costumers entering into a category page and the page have subcategories in it

The placement of the SUBCATEGORIES button is placed all the way at the bottom,  which creates the feeling that there is no menu existing/ menu item  is not working on mobile
Valentin
6 years ago
#14210 Quote
Freddy1234 wrote:
Hello

I think the "issue" that occurs on mobile, and that costumer finds confusing
(been involved now in user testing on mega menu and pavilion template )

It is how the Mega menu works togheter with som of the templates when costumers entering into a category page and the page have subcategories in it

The placement of the SUBCATEGORIES button is placed all the way at the bottom,  which creates the feeling that there is no menu existing/ menu item  is not working on mobile

Greetings,

the layout of the mobile versions of the themes has been designed this way by our UX/Design team. If you have any improvement suggestions you can use our UserVoice portal and if many other customers find it useful we would then consider applying them.
Best Regards,

Valentin Kirov
Nop-Templates.com