Close

Instant search and Analytics

Freddy1234
6 years ago
#13915 Quote
Hello we just launched a new page using pavilion theme and Instant search.

We are using pre configured Google universal settings in the backend

But for the  moment it seems not to show all searches done on the homepage, anyone have any suggestion on what can be / or do i need to add something in the code to make it register?
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13926 Quote
Hello Freddy,

The GA plugin should track all page views on your store. It wouldn't be able to track all your searches, however, since your clients can directly select a product from their search without going to the search page. It will only be able to track the searches that go through the search page, unfortunately.  

There isn't really a way to handle this unless you write a custom script to target the drop-down of the instant search.

However, since that isn't related to our products we cannot really help you.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
Freddy1234
6 years ago
#13927 Quote
anton_ivanov wrote:
Hello Freddy,

The GA plugin should track all page views on your store. It wouldn't be able to track all your searches, however, since your clients can directly select a product from their search without going to the search page. It will only be able to track the searches that go through the search page, unfortunately.  

There isn't really a way to handle this unless you write a custom script to target the drop-down of the instant search.

However, since that isn't related to our products we cannot really help you.

Hope that helps!

Hello
thank you for the reply,
Have question do the instant search usually register in analytics if they go to search page instead of clicking a product on dropdown?

Reason i am asking is that my analytics now only gives me 253 unique searches since launch
But in the backend in nop
place 1 - 5 of 6499 items is over 6000 but will research it more :)
Boyko
6 years ago
#13930 Quote
Freddy1234 wrote:

Have question do the instant search usually register in analytics if they go to search page instead of clicking a product on dropdown?

Reason i am asking is that my analytics now only gives me 253 unique searches since launch
But in the backend in nop
place 1 - 5 of 6499 items is over 6000 but will research it more :)

Hi Freddy1234,

As Anton explained, Google Analytics tracks only page visits. So it will track when the customer is on the search page but it will not track the searches in the Instant Search since they are not separate page visits (the client has already visited a certain page i.e Home page, when they do the search in the Instant search plugin).
In other words the information in GA shows you the page visits while the nopCommerce backend will show you the actual searches either via the search page or via the Instant search plugin.

I hope this makes sense!
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team