Close

Customizing the server logic

Alan Stark
6 years ago
#13909 Quote
Hello,

We'd like to keep the look & feel of ajax filters, but change server logic to use an external custom full-text search engine.

Can you give us some pointers on what's the best way to do that?
Alan Stark
6 years ago
#13960 Quote
Am I right to assume that Nop Ajax Filters plugin has no support for customizing the underlying search engine/query execution mechanism?
SDobrev
6 years ago
#13962 Quote
Hi,

The AjaxFilters plugin is not open for modifications. The plugin is using our own stored procedure to perform the search which is encrypted and can not be modified.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
Alan Stark
6 years ago
#13964 Quote
Hi Stoyan,

Do you have any plans to make the search provider swappable?

Cheers,
Andrey
Boyko
6 years ago
#13967 Quote
Alan Stark wrote:
Hi Stoyan,

Do you have any plans to make the search provider swappable?

Cheers,
Andrey

Hi Andrey,

We don't have such plans simply because the plugin is designed to work with nopCommerce and is quite coupled with the nopCommerce infrastructure i.e services and database. If we were to create the plugin for other ecommerce platforms it would make sense to abstract all the code (which will quite a lot of work) but for now we don't have such plans.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Alan Stark
6 years ago
#13977 Quote
I see, thanks.
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13985 Quote
I was going to post a topic when I came across this post and I think it might be the same question or at least related to it.

We recently enabled the Full Text Search on our database and have slightly modified the default NopCommerce search engine to include Manufacturer's Part Number and Meta Keywords into the search results.

The function itself works perfectly and all the correct results come up in the AutoComplete using the Nop-Templates Instant Search plugin.

However, if I hit enter to get a complete list, it will say that "no results were found" and 0 products come up.

I found a post (not sure where now) that mentioned a similar problem and that disabling the Ajax Filters on the Search Page fixed the problem, which it did for me also.

Unfortunately though, disabling the filters on the search page is a huge disadvantage due to our high amount of possible spec filters.

Am I correct to assume that I cannot use the Ajax Filters on the search page because the filter engine uses its own method of keyword population? And is it also something that's impossible to achieve?

Thanks!
Travis