Close

Sticky Manufacturer when browsing via manufacturer page

mrabjohn
6 years ago
#13790 Quote
Hi,

I'm starting a web build based on Traction. When a user selects a Manufacturer and sees the list of products, the categories are listed down the left hand side and appear to be filters, but when a category is selected, the current manufacturer is lost.

Does anybody know of a good way to make the selected manufacturer sticky when browsing the stock via this route?

This question appears to have asked the same question 3 years ago: https://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/2280/can-the-manufacturer-filter-display-the-categories-instead-the-products

Obviously this may be standard now, or easy to produce.

My only thought on this is to add a manufacturer parameter onto each category link via the View, but I'm hoping for a simpler approach.

Cheers,

Mark
hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13792 Quote
mrabjohn wrote:
Hi,

I'm starting a web build based on Traction. When a user selects a Manufacturer and sees the list of products, the categories are listed down the left hand side and appear to be filters, but when a category is selected, the current manufacturer is lost.

Does anybody know of a good way to make the selected manufacturer sticky when browsing the stock via this route?

This question appears to have asked the same question 3 years ago: https://www.nop-templates.com/boards/topic/2280/can-the-manufacturer-filter-display-the-categories-instead-the-products

Obviously this may be standard now, or easy to produce.

My only thought on this is to add a manufacturer parameter onto each category link via the View, but I'm hoping for a simpler approach.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

There is no out of the box solution and I'm pretty sure that this cannot be done without modifications to the code of the Ajax Filters plugin. Unfortunately, this wasn't suggested in our UserVoice portal as per suggestion from the old topic that you linked. And before we put any effort into adding such feature we would like to know if there would be any interest in it. Would you mind suggest it in our UserVoice so that other people can vote for it?
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com