Close

Combining two keywords from different product attribute sources won't return any results

ChrisKaun
6 years ago
#13769 Quote
Hey,
just tried to add some tags to use for searching. I noticed that when I search for a tag, the first one will always find the right product. If I add a second tag, or any other keyword, to the searchbar the instant search won't find anything.

Example:
I've created a product with the name "CoolProduct" and the tags "germany" and "denmark". Search for each of those keywords solely will return the product. If I search "CoolProduct germany" or "germany denmark" no product will be returned.
We are using Nop.Instant.Search v3.90.
Ps: That reply is also me, just with out company account. Forgot to log to my personal account again.
[email protected]
6 years ago
#13770 Quote
Just tested a bit further and noticed that this is not a problem by the SearchByTags option.

The search also failes when I combine search keywords from the description in combination with the product name, or description and product tags.
Seems that something isn't working right when combining two keywords from different product attributes.
hristian.dimov
6 years ago
#13779 Quote
Hi,

It is not possible to search for multiple tags at the same time. The InstantSearch plugin uses the default SearchProducts method from nopCommerce, so basically you can modify the logic of the search and make it work for multiple tags.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com