Close

Error Message when trying to access Theme Admin

bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13740 Quote
Hello,

I'm using NopCommerce 3.7, and for some reason I can no longer access the admin menu for the Traction Theme. As far as I know I haven't changed anything in quite a while but I'm no longer eligible for formal support. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is the message that I get when I try to go to Settings:

----
Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'SevenSpikes.Theme.Traction.Models.Admin.TractionThemeSettingsModel' does not contain a definition for 'EnabledAsWidget' and no extension method 'EnabledAsWidget' accepting a first argument of type 'SevenSpikes.Theme.Traction.Models.Admin.TractionThemeSettingsModel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 75: WriteLiteral("\").change(logoOverrideChanged);\r\n            $(\"#");
Line 76:
Line 77:            Write(Html.FieldIdFor(model => model.EnabledAsWidget));
Line 78:
Line 79: WriteLiteral("\").change(showThemeSettings);\r\n            $(\"#");

Source File: c:\local\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\b0936495\4b8b31\App_Web_sevenspikes.theme.traction.views.tractionthemeadmin.settings.cshtml.9e60d8de.g06hrvsv.0.cs    Line: 77
---
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13742 Quote
Hello,

Have you recently updated your Traction theme? If you have, have you followed our documentation regarding this? It seems you didn't update your Nop Traction Theme Plugin and it is searching for a setting that no longer exists in the newer version.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13772 Quote
anton_ivanov wrote:
Hello,

Have you recently updated your Traction theme? If you have, have you followed our documentation regarding this? It seems you didn't update your Nop Traction Theme Plugin and it is searching for a setting that no longer exists in the newer version.

No, I haven't personally updated the theme.

A short while ago, I was having troubles with one of the plugins and I gave one of your techs access to my FTP and Admin area and he apparently updated things and fixed my problem.

Unfortunately, since then, my tech support license has expired and can no longer download the updated files. How can I tell which version the plugins/themes are to see which one is the problem?

Thanks
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13773 Quote
Hello,

You can see all your Nop-Templates installed plugin's versions from Administration -> Nop-Templates -> System Information.

I am not sure if someone from our support team actually updated your theme and plugins since that is not how we usually do things. Furthermore, I could not find a ticket where an FTP access was requested.
Could you lead me to this ticket so I can read it and see what has been done by my colleague?

Also, do you have any files left that have been downloaded from our site before your license expired?
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13774 Quote
anton_ivanov wrote:
Hello,

You can see all your Nop-Templates installed plugin's versions from Administration -> Nop-Templates -> System Information.

I am not sure if someone from our support team actually updated your theme and plugins since that is not how we usually do things. Furthermore, I could not find a ticket where an FTP access was requested.
Could you lead me to this ticket so I can read it and see what has been done by my colleague?

Also, do you have any files left that have been downloaded from our site before your license expired?

It was related to ticket# 6195.

I do have some archives from the past - the most recent one I have is 3.7.1310.22717.

I'm using Nop 3.7 - I don't see a link for Nop-Templates -> System Information. However, this is the output from NopCommerce System Information (excluding everything not related to SevenSpikes). I see that there are some plugins and the theme that have different version numbers... do I assume that if I replace those plugins/theme with my archived version that everything will fix itself? :)

SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Conditions, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Core, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.EntitySettings, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Framework, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Mappings, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Scheduling, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Services, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Theme.Traction, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.QuickView, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.ProductRibbons, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.NopQuickTabs, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.MegaMenu, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.InstantSearch, Version=3.7.1310.22717, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.FacebookShop, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.CloudZoom, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AnywhereSliders, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxCart, Version=3.7.308.19278, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13775 Quote
Got it resolved - thanks!
anton_ivanov
6 years ago
#13776 Quote
Hi,

Yes, sorry in 3.7 our plugin version is inside Administration -> System -> System Information.

I am glad to hear you have resolved this problem! I am gonna explain what I think happened in your case for anyone else reading this topic in the future.

Basically, as you can see from your post some of your plugins are 3.7.1310.22717 while the other part of the plugins are 3.7.308.19278. Your theme's plugin (which was the older version) was searching for an already non-existant setting and causing that error.

Always make sure your plugins are the same version to avoid issues like that.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com