Close

Change the Theme Font?

WeirComfees
6 years ago
#13485 Quote
I couldn't love the  ArtFactory theme more, well actually I could.. if I could change the font.

I have to update my own thread. I figured out how to change pretty much all the fonts.. but no matter where I look I can't find where to change the main menu items on the main page or the category titles like for example something I have in a product carousel.
I am using the mega menu plugin and I just can't see where to change the font and size of the font... really could use some help.Thanks
ZornitsaIvanova
6 years ago
#13488 Quote
Hi,
Unfortunately if you want to replace fonts in ArtFactory there is only one way and it is to do it manually. You have to embed the font you want in the css styles using the @font-face property then you have to overwrite the css styles that includes the font-family you want to remove with the new one (if you did not have custom styling file the best solution is to add it to the 'Custom Head Styles' in the administration).
Hope that will help you.
Best regards,
Zornitsa Ivanova
Nop-Templates.com
WeirComfees
6 years ago
#13489 Quote
ZornitsaIvanova wrote:
best solution is to add it to the 'Custom Head Styles' in the administration).
Hope that will help you.

I have no idea if I have the property file or not, which means I likely have no idea how to do that. So let's look at option two, using the "custom head" section. What would I need to input there to overwrite the fonts?

At this point it's only the actual main menu and section header fonts that I was not able to change via the style.css
ZornitsaIvanova
6 years ago
#13494 Quote
I recommend to make your customizations in the Custom Head Styles administration, because if someday you want to update your theme with our latest version you will lose your changes. The style you need to put in there in order to overwrite the fonts is :

.justAFixingDivBefore, div.header-menu,
.header-menu > ul > li > a, .header-menu > ul > li > span,
div.carousel-title span {
  font-family: '';
}

And put the name of the font you want to use in the quotation marks.
Hope that helps
Best regards,
Zornitsa Ivanova
Nop-Templates.com
WeirComfees
6 years ago
#13506 Quote
Again, worked perfectly... it's like you guys actually know what you are doing :-)

Thank you
AlexTrollip
2 years ago
#21686 Quote
ZornitsaIvanova wrote:
I recommend to make your customizations in the Custom Head Styles administration, because if someday you want to update your theme with our latest version you will lose your changes. The style you need to put in there in order to overwrite the fonts is :

.justAFixingDivBefore, div.header-menu,
.header-menu > ul > li > a, .header-menu > ul > li > span,
div.carousel-title span {
  font-family: '';
}

And put the name of the font you want to use in the quotation marks.
Hope that helps

Hi

I've tried using this but it doesn't seem to update on my local.
Are there extra files I need to add or a special way I need to add the font?
(I preferably need to update all the font usages on the website to Open Sans.
todor.atanasov
2 years ago
#21690 Quote
Greetings,

We have replied to the ticket you have raised in our support system.

Please reply to the ticket if you need to add any other details.
Best regards,
Todor Atanasov
Nop-templates.com