Close

ArtFactory Settings - Instagram URL

nonam
7 years ago
#13246 Quote
Hello Nop-Templates Team,

In the Admin Menu, I have added my "follow us on Instagram URL" to have the Icon displayed at the bottom of the page but there is nothing showing up. I have tried adding some code as suggested in the NopCommerce Forum as shown below but it still does not display anything. I see that the png Instagram.png file is already in the img folder under the NopArtfactory theme. Not sure if I need to also copy it under the core theme.

I have also tried to remove the following from my settings to see if this would change anything, but it did not: .footer-block.social-sharing {
  display: none;
}

Thanks for your help as usual!

CODE COPIED FROM NOPCOMMERCE FORUM

(.footer-block.social-sharing {
  display: none;
}

.instagram  {
  display: block;
  width: 38px;
  height: 38px;
  background: url('../images/instagram.png') no-repeat;
  font-size: 0;
}
)  [b][/b]
SDobrev
7 years ago
#13251 Quote
Hello,

Please update the theme to the latest version. There was a bug when getting the URLs in Social.cshtml file located in ArtFactory\Views\Common directory. If you have made custom modifications to the theme you can update only this file.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com
nonam
7 years ago
#13252 Quote
Thank you, I will!
nonam
7 years ago
#13253 Quote
Hello again,

The change has worked. Am now wondering how I can change the image for the Facebook and Twitter icons. Not sure where these images are located.

Another question as well: is there a way to add these icons also at the top of the page to draw better attention of these other locations for the business.

Thanks for your feedback! Great working with you!
nonam
7 years ago
#13254 Quote
OK. I managed to find the file social-sprite.png that includes a few social icons.

I have, however, modified it to also include the Instagram icon, thinking that the icon would show up automatically like the others. Is it normal that I also had to save a .pgn file for the Instagram icon separately to ensure that it shows?

Thanks again!
SDobrev
7 years ago
#13255 Quote
Hello,

The Instagram icon is not included in the social-sprite.png and you are right that you have to change the "/img/instagram.png" file.
Best Regards,
Stoyan Dobrev
Nop-Templates.com