Close

Is it possible to have the Categories filter using the Ajax Filter

mfitconsultants
7 years ago
#13209 Quote
As above, is it possible to use your plugin to filter based on category as well as the other fields?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13210 Quote
Hello,

Unfortunately, the Nop Ajax Filters do not support filtration per category.
You can work around this problem, though.
You can use specification attributes to allow your products to be filtered and grouped.
e.g. Creating a specification attribute named "Category 1" and mapping it to all the products that are from "Category 1" should do the trick.
Note: While mapping the specification attribute to the products you should check "Allow Filtering" and uncheck "Show on products page".

Hope my suggestion was of any use to you!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
mfitconsultants
7 years ago
#13214 Quote
Hi,

Thanks for the work around!

Currently I have many Specification Attributes assigned to our products already (e.g. colors, metal used, etc).

Is it possible to use specific Specification Attributes only on the menu (i.e. only show the ones I want in the AJAX menu? (so they still appear on the product details pages).

Alternatively, we don't really use the Product Attributes, Is it possible for me to AJAX filter based on these fields?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13218 Quote
Hello,

Well, when mapping a specification attribute to a product you have two settings that define the behavior of that specification attribute for that product. Those are
Allow Filtering - If this is unchecked the specification will not show in the ajax filters and you will not be able to filter this product by this specification.
Show on products page - If checked the specification will be shown on the product page.

You can use Product Attributes to filter products with the Ajax Filters. However, product attributes are usually used to describe a product, and are used when buying one (e.g. color of a shirt, size of shoe, etc.) while the specification attributes are used to give information for that product (is it free return, how long is the warranty, etc). That is why I suggested you use specification attributes.

Hope this answers your questions!
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com
mfitconsultants
7 years ago
#13221 Quote
Anton,

that clears everything up, thank you for explaining this to me. One further question. I have done the following;

1. Added all the Specification Attributes
2. Edited a product and selected my new Specification Attribute. However, in order to have the 'Allow Filtering' check box present the Attribute must be an option?

Do I need to add an option to the Specification Attribute? If so would it be possible to explain the reasoning behind this?
mfitconsultants
7 years ago
#13222 Quote
Ok, sorry for my ignorance, I read the documentation and it makes it clearer.

so I created my 'Product Type' Specification Attribute and added in the numerous categories to this.

I applied this to a couple of products so I can demo its use.

However, the AJAX filter is currently only showing the price slider? Is this because it is a demo version?
anton_ivanov
7 years ago
#13225 Quote
Hello,

The Ajax Filters will show specification attributes (that are allowed to be filtered) and product attributes for the products that are currently on the category details page. Please make sure you have any specification attributes and product attributes for the products showing on that category.
Regards,
Anton Ivanov
Nop-Templates.com