Close

Theme Icons in Nop ArtFactory

nonam
7 years ago
#12580 Quote
Hello Nop-Templates!

For my website, I have created my own Icons for the shopping cart, profile and wishlist and am wondering if there is a way to avoid having to copy and paste these to the \Themes\ArtFactory\Content\img folder when I update the NopCommerce version. I am using NopCommerce version 3.8 without source code.

In the configuration, settings, and Media Settings, I have all my pictures saved into the database but these images are not.

Please assist. Thanks!
Stefan
7 years ago
#12583 Quote
Hi there,

Unfortunately, these icons are used for the design of the theme and there is no way to store them in the database. What is more, it is not even close to recommended, because it will take way too long to load them and display them when a page is opened. This is the same with every theme. When a new version is released, the new theme should be used.
One way I see you can avoid copying these icons every time, is to add them on your root folder of your domain for example and then in the "Custom Head Styles", you should add the css for referencing them via url. This will work in case that when upgrading your store, you do now delete the entire root folder with all files.
The other way is to convert the icons to base 64 format and add the css for using them in the "Custom Head Styles" textbox of the theme. Thus on each upgrade the custom head styles content will remain and the icons too.

Hope that helps.
Best Regards,

Stefan Hristov
Nop-Templates.com