Close

drop down delay?

embryo
11 years ago
#1629 Quote
Hello-

I've looked through the megamenu plugin folder and don't see any javascripts controlling the drop down behavior, so I am assuming that it is all done within the dll.

What I'd like to do is cause a delay in the menu drop down so that it requires the cursor be over the menu for at least one second before expanding. If I cannot accomplish that, would it be possible to change to use an onclick type event rather than the onmouseover it does by default?

Thanks,
Steve
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1630 Quote
embryo wrote:
Hello-

I've looked through the megamenu plugin folder and don't see any javascripts controlling the drop down behavior, so I am assuming that it is all done within the dll.

What I'd like to do is cause a delay in the menu drop down so that it requires the cursor be over the menu for at least one second before expanding. If I cannot accomplish that, would it be possible to change to use an onclick type event rather than the onmouseover it does by default?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

The MegaMenu is pure css and C#. There is no javascritp. If you want to delay the menu dropdown you can do it by using css e.g:
Add the following code to the droprown class in the css file for the MegaMenu
-moz-transition: display 1s linear;
-webkit-transition: display 1s linear;

Another option is to use javascript. You can write some and include it in the MegaMenu.cshtml view.

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
embryo
11 years ago
#1634 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:
Hello-

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

The MegaMenu is pure css and C#. There is no javascritp. If you want to delay the menu dropdown you can do it by using css e.g:

Another option is to use javascript. You can write some and include it in the MegaMenu.cshtml view.

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov

Hello Ivan-

Using the css transition property isn't working...I thought maybe it was JUST not working in IE, but it doesn't seem to work in Chrome or Firefox either,so I think your code above was not the correct syntax.

I've now tried this, though it is not supported in IE9 or under:

transition-delay: 2s;   /* IE 10 */
  -moz-transition-delay: 2s; /* Firefox 4 */
  -webkit-transition-delay: 2s; /* Safari and Chrome */
  -o-transition-delay: 2s; /* Opera */

...and it still doesn't work in either browser.....and I'm not sure how to use Javascript as you mentioned...

Ideas?
embryo
11 years ago
#1635 Quote
IvanStoyanov wrote:
Hello-

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov

Hello Ivan-

Using the css transition property isn't working...I thought maybe it was JUST not working in IE, but it doesn't seem to work in Chrome or Firefox either,so I think your code above was not the correct syntax.

I've now tried this, though it is not supported in IE9 or under:

transition-delay: 2s;   /* IE 10 */
  -moz-transition-delay: 2s; /* Firefox 4 */
  -webkit-transition-delay: 2s; /* Safari and Chrome */
  -o-transition-delay: 2s; /* Opera */

...and it still doesn't work in either browser.....and I'm not sure how to use Javascript as you mentioned...

Ideas?
Marshall_A
10 years ago
#3709 Quote
Any update on this?
I am having the same issue. Tried the css technique, it didn't do anything.
Tried adding javascript setTimeout(), but that didn't work either.
Support
10 years ago
#3711 Quote
Marshall_A wrote:
Any update on this?
I am having the same issue. Tried the css technique, it didn't do anything.
Tried adding javascript setTimeout(), but that didn't work either.

Hi Marshall_A,

We have added a possibility to trigger the drop down on click event. You should update your Nop Mega Menu plugin following the article and enable this feature from the administration of the plugin.

Hope that helps!
joster
10 years ago
#3714 Quote
Hello-

I have the Alfresco responsive theme and am wondering if I can download the theme and JUST replace the megamenu plugins folder in order to take advantage of this new addition to the megamenu. I'm not really interested in updating the entire theme if not necessary...

Thanks!
Support
10 years ago
#3716 Quote
joster wrote:
Hello-

I have the Alfresco responsive theme and am wondering if I can download the theme and JUST replace the megamenu plugins folder in order to take advantage of this new addition to the megamenu. I'm not really interested in updating the entire theme if not necessary...

Thanks!

Hi Joster,

Yes you can download and update just the Nop Mega Menu plugin following the article on How to update a plugin to its latest version for a given nopCommerce version

Hope that helps!
joster
10 years ago
#3737 Quote
Support wrote:
Hello-

Thanks!

Hi Joster,

Yes you can download and update just the Nop Mega Menu plugin following the article on How to update a plugin to its latest version for a given nopCommerce version

Hope that helps!

Hello again-

I carefully followed the instructions, and got the new megamenu installed, however, I noticed while unpacking the Alfresco theme zip file that within the /themes/alfresco/ folder (and other theme folders inside the megamenu plugin folder), there is no /views/  folder...only /content/

I copy/pasted in my old views and that seemed to work, until I noticed that one of the menu items in my modified megamenu.cshtml and megamenuresponsive.cshtml no longer appears on the pages. It's like the "standard" megamenu views are being displayed even though I have others in the themes/alfresco/views/ folder...

I think there Is a problem with the current download package for the alfresco theme's megamenu plugin...
Support
10 years ago
#3741 Quote
joster wrote:
Hello-

Thanks!

Hi Joster,

Hope that helps!
Hello again-

I carefully followed the instructions, and got the new megamenu installed, however, I noticed while unpacking the Alfresco theme zip file that within the /themes/alfresco/ folder (and other theme folders inside the megamenu plugin folder), there is no /views/  folder...only /content/

I copy/pasted in my old views and that seemed to work, until I noticed that one of the menu items in my modified megamenu.cshtml and megamenuresponsive.cshtml no longer appears on the pages. It's like the "standard" megamenu views are being displayed even though I have others in the themes/alfresco/views/ folder...

I think there Is a problem with the current download package for the alfresco theme's megamenu plugin...

Hi Joster,

There should be no Views folder in the Themes/Alfresco folder. The views used by the plugin are present in the main Views folder. So you need to upgrade the whole plugin and then merge your changes in the megamenu.cshtml. The megamenuresponsive.cshtml had been removed, as the plugin had been refactored for easier upgrade and less views.

Should you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Best Regards!