Close

Feature request, category special links

Seriun
8 years ago
#10644 Quote
We have used the mega menu and themes on a few sites now and a common request is to include links in the drop downs for "New In" (products flagged as new) and "Sale" (products with discounts or higher previous prices) similar to what you can define for product ribbons. These would appear as if under a phantom sub category and apply to all product under the parent.

This would avoid shop admins from having to create categories for "New in" and "Sale" and constantly mapping products in and out.
Boyko
8 years ago
#10649 Quote
Seriun wrote:
We have used the mega menu and themes on a few sites now and a common request is to include links in the drop downs for "New In" (products flagged as new) and "Sale" (products with discounts or higher previous prices) similar to what you can define for product ribbons. These would appear as if under a phantom sub category and apply to all product under the parent.

This would avoid shop admins from having to create categories for "New in" and "Sale" and constantly mapping products in and out.

Hi Seriun,

Thank you for your suggestions!
They definitely make sense but I am not sure it should be implemented in the Mega Menu. The Mega Menu simply shows all the available categories and subcategories.

It all comes to having such "Sales" or "New in" subcategories with the appropriate products and the Mega Menu will show them.
But I don't think the Mega Menu should be responsible for creating such categories automatically. It is just a Menu and should not have such functionalities. I think the creation and update of such categories should be done by a different plugin.

I can suggest you a workaround for this. If you are using our Ajax Filters plugin, you can enable the On Sale filter and select that filter on a specific category, then copy the Url from the browser.
You can manually put this link in the Mega Menu (by modifying the Razor view files) and when clicked it will open that specific category and show only the discounted products in it.
Of course this will require manual work and is not possible to be achieved via the administration. In the next version of the Mega Menu, we plan to add some powerful functionality in the administration, so that you can build every single menu item easily from the administration.

Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Seriun
8 years ago
#10694 Quote
How about adding some indexed widget zones to the mega menu or similar so the HTML widget plugin can be used to inject content within a div in the drop down? I'd rather not hack the views. This could work similar to the featured image nop slider injected in the tiffany theme? 

Also we are working on a multi vendor store and the client would like to acheive something similar to this site with the menu .. http://www.farfetch.com/  Designers = Manufacturers, Boutiques = Vendors. Currently these are displayed as a flat list by the mega menu of the top X. We could create a topic but that would be a maintenance pain.
Boyko
8 years ago
#10695 Quote
Seriun wrote:
How about adding some indexed widget zones to the mega menu or similar so the HTML widget plugin can be used to inject content within a div in the drop down? I'd rather not hack the views. This could work similar to the featured image nop slider injected in the tiffany theme? 

Also we are working on a multi vendor store and the client would like to acheive something similar to this site with the menu .. http://www.farfetch.com/  Designers = Manufacturers, Boutiques = Vendors. Currently these are displayed as a flat list by the mega menu of the top X. We could create a topic but that would be a maintenance pain.

Hi Seriun,

Injecting widget zones is an interesting idea. But most probably we will start working on the new Mega Menu and have this in mind rather than changing the current Mega Menu since it is already quite complicated.
Thank you for your suggestions and examples! We will have them in mind while designing the new Mega Menu.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team