Close

Problem Installing SS_JC_JCarousel

stuart.miller
8 years ago
#10616 Quote
I was upgrading my Nopcommerce store to 3.7. I set up a new site, but I had upgraded my database from 3.20. I purchased the NeoFashion Theme, but I'm having a problem installing the Nop JCarousel Plugin. When I click the Install button, I'm  presented with the following error:

Could not drop object 'SS_JC_JCarousel' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.

I've searched all the SS_JC_JCarousel tables, and they are all empty. Any help would be appreciated..
Deni
8 years ago
#10625 Quote
stuart.miller wrote:
I was upgrading my Nopcommerce store to 3.7. I set up a new site, but I had upgraded my database from 3.20. I purchased the NeoFashion Theme, but I'm having a problem installing the Nop JCarousel Plugin. When I click the Install button, I'm  presented with the following error:

Could not drop object 'SS_JC_JCarousel' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.

I've searched all the SS_JC_JCarousel tables, and they are all empty. Any help would be appreciated..

Hi, 

This looks like you have not run properly all upgrade scripts. 

Please refer to this article, where you will find a link to all upgrade scripts in the correct order.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
stuart.miller
8 years ago
#10626 Quote
Thank you for your response. I had failed to run the Nop-Templates upgrade scripts in conjunction with the NopCommerce upgrade scripts. I had upgraded from 3.2 to 3.7. I went back and ran the Nop-Templates scripts, but received an error on the first one, due to a missing table. All the others went fine. However, I still received the same message. So, rather than reverting/restoring the database, I just deleted the tables with the Foreign Key references. After that, the Plugin installed correctly. I had the same issue with the AnywhereSliders. I hope that's the end of it.

Thank you for your help.
Boyko
8 years ago
#10638 Quote
stuart.miller wrote:
Thank you for your response. I had failed to run the Nop-Templates upgrade scripts in conjunction with the NopCommerce upgrade scripts. I had upgraded from 3.2 to 3.7. I went back and ran the Nop-Templates scripts, but received an error on the first one, due to a missing table. All the others went fine. However, I still received the same message. So, rather than reverting/restoring the database, I just deleted the tables with the Foreign Key references. After that, the Plugin installed correctly. I had the same issue with the AnywhereSliders. I hope that's the end of it.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Stuart,

That is always a solution (not a recommended one) but the idea of running the upgrade scripts one after another i.e nopCommerce one then our 7Spikes one, is to eliminate the need to delete tables and to reinstall the plugins. This way there will be no data loss.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team