Close

conditions of use on the confirm page

robschoen
8 years ago
#10395 Quote
can the conditions of use on the order confirm page be displayed on that page instead of linked to in a new window?
I have found the resource checkout.termsofservice.iaccept and tried to add my conditions of use right before the "I agree with the terms of service and I adhere to them unconditionally__" line so the customer would have to scroll down through the conditions of use before getting to the checkbox and confirm button but the field would not accept my paragraphs.    please let me know how I can achieve this.  if I can get the paragraphs before the checkbox/agree I will no longer need the "(read)" link to the conditions of use in a new window.  
Deni
8 years ago
#10401 Quote
robschoen wrote:
can the conditions of use on the order confirm page be displayed on that page instead of linked to in a new window?
I have found the resource checkout.termsofservice.iaccept and tried to add my conditions of use right before the "I agree with the terms of service and I adhere to them unconditionally__" line so the customer would have to scroll down through the conditions of use before getting to the checkbox and confirm button but the field would not accept my paragraphs.    please let me know how I can achieve this.  if I can get the paragraphs before the checkbox/agree I will no longer need the "(read)" link to the conditions of use in a new window.  

Hi, 

Please let us know if you are using our One Page Checkout plugin or not, so we can guide you to the correct file.
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
robschoen
8 years ago
#10402 Quote
I am not using the one page checkout, thank you
Deni
8 years ago
#10406 Quote
robschoen wrote:
I am not using the one page checkout, thank you

Hi, 

If you want to do it only for the Traction theme, then copy this file: /Views/Checkout/Confirm.cshtml to this folder: /Themes/Traction/Views/Checkout.

Now edit the new file. Find this code:

<div class="terms-of-service">
  <input id="termsofservice" type="checkbox" name="termsofservice" />
  <span>@T("Checkout.TermsOfService.IAccept")<a class="read" onclick="javascript:OpenWindow('@Url.RouteUrl("TopicPopup", new { SystemName = "conditionsofuse" })', 450, 500, true)">@T("Checkout.TermsOfService.Read")</a></span>
</div>

and replace it with this one:

<div>@T("the_resource_for_the_terms_of_service")</div>
<div class="terms-of-service">
  <input id="termsofservice" type="checkbox" name="termsofservice" />
  <label for="termsofservice">@T("Checkout.TermsOfService.IAccept")</label>
</div>

Now you can use any existing resource or create a new one.

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com
robschoen
8 years ago
#10414 Quote
thank you very much! I just needed to then convert all my formatted text to html and drop it in as 1 line to the resource.  all set, thanks again.