Close

Featured products don't appear in filter list

framedigital
11 years ago
#1531 Quote

hi,

We bought Ajax Filter a few weeks ago and are very pleased with it.

However, we've noticed that if products are featured in a category, they are excluded from the filters. We are using the Specification filter only.

To replicate:

1. Edit a category, Catalog > Categories > Edit
2. Select the "Products" tab, and set some "Is Featured Product" to true
3. Reload category page
4. The featured products will now no longer be returned in the filtered list.

We're not sure if this is by design or a bug. There is an option in Nop that controls this behaviour and it looks as if Ajax Filters ignores it.

When catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists == true, then Nops default behaviour is that categories will display all products *and* featured ones, however in AjaxFilters will not include products that are featured.

Is there a setting within the plugin that resolves this?

Many thanks.
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1532 Quote
framedigital wrote:

hi,

We bought Ajax Filter a few weeks ago and are very pleased with it.

However, we've noticed that if products are featured in a category, they are excluded from the filters. We are using the Specification filter only.

To replicate:

1. Edit a category, Catalog > Categories > Edit
2. Select the "Products" tab, and set some "Is Featured Product" to true
3. Reload category page
4. The featured products will now no longer be returned in the filtered list.

We're not sure if this is by design or a bug. There is an option in Nop that controls this behaviour and it looks as if Ajax Filters ignores it.

When catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists == true, then Nops default behaviour is that categories will display all products *and* featured ones, however in AjaxFilters will not include products that are featured.

Is there a setting within the plugin that resolves this?

Many thanks.

Hi framedigital,

Thank you for using our products and reporting this.
Actually we have noticed this behaveor and fixed it two weeks ago.
Please go to our website and download again the Ajax Filters package. Replace the ones that you are using and the problem will be fixed.

Best wishes.

Ivan Stoyanov
Thank you for choosing our products! Your feedback is important to us!
IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1534 Quote
Hi framedigital,

I am sorry but I misunderstood your question. The problem that I am referring to is that there were a problem with the featured products on a category page. The featured products were disappearing when a filtration were made.

We will look into this problem and let you know if it is possible.
framedigital
11 years ago
#1536 Quote
Thank you Ivan.

I've downloaded the latest version (I think there was a small update to 2.65.505.5024)

I can give you further details on the behaviour with the latest version:

1. I have one category with three products and set all products as featured products in the category manager

2. catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists is set to true

3. The main product list will display all three products, but no filters will display, as I think the filters look for products that are not featured.

The CatalogController (\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs) handles this logic around lines 1057 and line 1304 with a property called IncludeFeaturedProductsInNormalLists. Obviously I don't know how your own application runs the filters!

IvanStoyanov
11 years ago
#1542 Quote
framedigital wrote:
Thank you Ivan.

I've downloaded the latest version (I think there was a small update to 2.65.505.5024)

I can give you further details on the behaviour with the latest version:

1. I have one category with three products and set all products as featured products in the category manager

2. catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists is set to true

3. The main product list will display all three products, but no filters will display, as I think the filters look for products that are not featured.

The CatalogController (\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs) handles this logic around lines 1057 and line 1304 with a property called IncludeFeaturedProductsInNormalLists. Obviously I don't know how your own application runs the filters!

Hi framedigital,

We are happy to inform you that we fixed this problem. The filters had hidden setting that you had to add manually, in order for the featured products to be filtered. We replaced the setting with the catalogsettings.includefeaturedproductsinnormallists and fixed some minor issues with the filters. Please download again the package and replace the SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.AjaxFilters and SevenSpikes.Core folders.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day.

Ivan Stoyanov
framedigital
11 years ago
#1545 Quote
Thank you Ivan - the control is now working as expected.

Very impressed with your support and quick updates, thanks again! :)