Close

Best practices - how upgrade nop-tempaltes?

jakubz
8 years ago
#10136 Quote
Hi Guys! i have question. Actually I upgrade NopTemplates Smart + plugins from 3.5 to 3.6, and we have problem.

Always when we upgrade version we need change lots of css code (core/plugins etc.), font color, hover etc. We need to merge this and we always something forget etc. Whathever... this take a long time. 

Maybe you have idea what can I do to make it's easier? We thinking about to create main CSS file, where we do all change's and then don't touch original smart css... 

Maybe you have better solutions?
nikola.dragiev
8 years ago
#10142 Quote
Hello,

Your idea to create a custom.css file is one of the solutions. In this case you will have to create a css file in the Content / CSS folder and then link it from the Head.cshtml file.  

You can do this however from the Custom Head Styles textfield. It is a functionality in our Theme Plugin. You can find this textfield in Configuration / Plugins / Nop Smart Theme / Settings and paste your code there. This css is then imported in your html as a <style> tag in the header. If you place your styling here you will not need to move it anywhere when upgrading, since the code will be saved in the database.
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com