Close

Shipping Address missing infomation in shipment plugin

objecta
8 years ago
#9811 Quote
Hi

I have developed a new Shipment plugin that is using information from the Shipment adresse provide in the checkout. When the GetShippingOptions is called from Your One Page Checkout the shipping adresse is missing data in several of the fields provided during checkout.

I have also tested using the FixedRateShipping plugin and here the Shipping Addresse is missing information too. Also I have disabled the One Page Checkout feature and tested again, this time Shipping Adresse is correct.

I'm using NopRealOnePageCheckout_3.6.572.16989.zip and I have tested with several different configuration with the same result, the Shipping Address is missing information.

To reproduce just use the FixedRateShipping and set a breakpoint in the GetShippingOptions method and check the ShippingAddress.

We cannot use the Your One Page Check in our setup, because we need the Adresse1 and Zip
information to lookup Pickup Addresses for the shipment carrier.

Best regards
Objecta Data
Klaus E. Frederiksen

hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#9813 Quote
objecta wrote:
Hi

I have developed a new Shipment plugin that is using information from the Shipment adresse provide in the checkout. When the GetShippingOptions is called from Your One Page Checkout the shipping adresse is missing data in several of the fields provided during checkout.

I have also tested using the FixedRateShipping plugin and here the Shipping Addresse is missing information too. Also I have disabled the One Page Checkout feature and tested again, this time Shipping Adresse is correct.

I'm using NopRealOnePageCheckout_3.6.572.16989.zip and I have tested with several different configuration with the same result, the Shipping Address is missing information.

To reproduce just use the FixedRateShipping and set a breakpoint in the GetShippingOptions method and check the ShippingAddress.

We cannot use the Your One Page Check in our setup, because we need the Adresse1 and Zip
information to lookup Pickup Addresses for the shipment carrier.

Best regards
Objecta Data
Klaus E. Frederiksen

Hi Klaus,

Currently, the OnePageCheckout plugin updates only a few fields in the Shipping Address - country, state/province, city and zipcode. Most of the shipping methods depends only on these fields and that's why we update only them when they are changed. This is the reason why you receive a missing fields in GetShippingOptions method.

The standard checkout process works for you, because the shipping address and the shipping methods panels are on different pages. First, you need to enter your shipping address and then you see the shipping methods based on that address. However, the things with OnePageCheckout plugin are a little bit different. Everything is visible at the same time on the page and some actions on the page should trigger an update to some other panels ( i.e. clicking on BillingCountry should update PaymentMethods ). This is why we should be careful which fields need to be updated, otherwise this may have a negative impact on the loading time.

Could you please explain in more details how you use the Address1. Are the "Address1" and "ZipCode" the only fields that you need ?

I'm asking this because based on your information, we might decide to add a few settings which will trigger an update to ShippingMethods when you change the Address1 or Address2 or even the Phone Number.

Looking forward to your reply!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
objecta
8 years ago
#9814 Quote
Thank You very much for the reply.
We only need the Address1 and the Zip field to lookup "close by" pickup shops. Our carrier service will send back pickup addresses based on the supplied Addresse1 and Zip values

We would really apprciciate an update to fix this issue.

Also we have tried to disable the One Page Checkout and use the checkout on the Theme (Motion) and are experience the same behaviour here as well. Is this the same problem on Your Themes?
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#9815 Quote
objecta wrote:
We only need the Address1 and the Zip field to lookup "close by" pickup shops. Our carrier service will send back pickup addresses based on the supplied Addresse1 and Zip values

Also we have tried to disable the One Page Checkout and use the checkout on the Theme (Motion) and are experience the same behaviour here as well. Is this the same problem on Your Themes?

Hi Klaus,

When you disable the OnePageCheckout plugin the system will use the default checkout which comes from the nopCommerce. The Motion theme itself does not provide any different checkout than the default one. You can try to switch to the DefaultClean theme and you will see the same results.

Later today we will discuss the new settings with the team.
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
KLnoce
8 years ago
#9966 Quote
objecta wrote:

This plugin causes a problem for us too. Logged in users already have an address and don't need a new record, nevertheless the plugin adds several additional blank records (with the exception of the countryID) and associates them with the Customer as their address, so subsequent calls to the Zip code based tax provider are always empty going forward once they hit the checkout page a single time.
iliyan.tanev
8 years ago
#9972 Quote
Hi,

We have replied to your other post.
Do you use the Preselect last shipping/billing address settings ?

We are looking forward for your response!
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
phkendall
8 years ago
#11827 Quote
Hi, we are experiencing this problem too. On initial load of the checkout page, if a returning customer already has an address, then the address data sent to the shipping plugin contains null data for most fields e.g. zip

Have you got a fix for this issue yet?
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#11833 Quote
phkendall wrote:
Hi, we are experiencing this problem too. On initial load of the checkout page, if a returning customer already has an address, then the address data sent to the shipping plugin contains null data for most fields e.g. zip

Have you got a fix for this issue yet?

Hi,

I don't think there is anything wrong with this. On the initial load, the both addresses - billing & shipping are empty. If the returning customer has an address, the address will be in addresses dropdown from where the customer can select it.

If you have checked the Preselect Last Customer Billing/Shipping Address settings, then after the initial load the addresses will be prepopulated.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
phkendall
8 years ago
#11834 Quote
Hi,
the issue only occurs when you have checked Preselect Last Customer Billing/Shipping Address. In this case, the call to the GetShippingOptions of the shipping rate plugin contains a new shipping address object with all the field except Id and CreatedOnUtc set to null. They should be set to the values of the pre selected address. See this screenshot of my debug session in Visual Studio:
hristian.dimov
8 years ago
#11841 Quote
phkendall wrote:
Hi,
the issue only occurs when you have checked Preselect Last Customer Billing/Shipping Address. In this case, the call to the GetShippingOptions of the shipping rate plugin contains a new shipping address object with all the field except Id and CreatedOnUtc set to null. They should be set to the values of the pre selected address. See this screenshot of my debug session in Visual Studio:

Hi,

the first time when the breakpoint hits there will be no information on the shipping address ( this happens when the plugin loads the default values, which are empty fields ). After that, the address will be preselected and the breakpoint will hit the GetShippingOptions method again with the preselected values.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com