Close

Version 3.6 - Associated products view mode

nonam
8 years ago
#9668 Quote
Hello:  In some of my categories, I would like to display the product in list, rather than in grid with a picture. Because the application does not have the ability to manage Events, I am using the Products and Categories to manage this.

As an example: Under my Category "Craft Shows", I have 3 products with a picture (one for each Craft Show". These are displayed with their respective picture, in Grid format. But I would also like to add another product "Exhibitors" without having a picture. The problem is that the template or application forces me to add a picture since otherwise it shows on website with a picture frame indicating that there is no picture for that product. Is it possible to simply have an option allowing either a title only OR a picture for the products?

In the Nop ArtFactory Team page from the admin menu, I can only select one option in the view mode: by "Grid" or by "List". Is there any way we can set it up so that it's a combination of the two like this: by "Grid or List", which I thought was available in version 3.5.

Thanks!
Deni
8 years ago
#9678 Quote
nonam wrote:
Hello:  In some of my categories, I would like to display the product in list, rather than in grid with a picture. Because the application does not have the ability to manage Events, I am using the Products and Categories to manage this.

As an example: Under my Category "Craft Shows", I have 3 products with a picture (one for each Craft Show". These are displayed with their respective picture, in Grid format. But I would also like to add another product "Exhibitors" without having a picture. The problem is that the template or application forces me to add a picture since otherwise it shows on website with a picture frame indicating that there is no picture for that product. Is it possible to simply have an option allowing either a title only OR a picture for the products?

In the Nop ArtFactory Team page from the admin menu, I can only select one option in the view mode: by "Grid" or by "List". Is there any way we can set it up so that it's a combination of the two like this: by "Grid or List", which I thought was available in version 3.5.

Thanks!

Hi, 

I think that this combination of "Grid and List" is not possible and it was never available.
    Each product should have a picture. Otherwise it will show the default "No Picture Available" picture. The first reason for this behaviour I can think of is styling. If you do not have image for some of the products the page will look terribly.

The "default image" is fine practice and many sites are using it.

I hope this helped !
Best Regards,
Mladen Staykov
Nop-Templates.com