Close

Smart Theme and Anywhere Slider - images resolution?

jakubz
9 years ago
#8869 Quote
Hi! i'm looking information but can't find on forum and in documentation. I have trouble with image sliders and text quality on them. 

My question is about, what size/resolution and format is optimal in:
HomePage Slide image
Left Column image

I try on home page 1920x320 and 1280x254 but "fonts' on image losing quality. PNG is too "heavy"...

Maybe you can help me?
nikola.dragiev
9 years ago
#8880 Quote
Hello,

The most optimal image for the home page slider you can use is with width of 1920px. Usually if the slider image is complicated(has to many colors) so .png image with that size will probably be very large, so I recommend that you use .jpeg format. Now if the image you upload is 1920px but it appears pixelated check if your Maximum image size setting(Configuration/Settings/Media Settings) is set to 1920. If it is lower than that please change it and delete and upload again your slider image. 

For a Left Column slider image I think image not smaller than 340px will be ok. If you use smaller image it can scale a little on mobile devices, but you probably will not be able to see the difference. Yet don't use an image smaller than 270px in width.

The height of your slider images is not defined. You can use any image you want and it is up to you. Keep in mind that if you place a higher image than necessary your website visitors may have to scroll to view the content.  
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
jakubz
9 years ago
#8899 Quote
Thx! :)