Close

Does the price filter work with tier prices?

petemitch
9 years ago
#8309 Quote
The site I'm working is B2B and doesn't have pricing shown for guests so all the default product prices are set to an arbitrarily high value (£999999.99) and all prices are defined in tier pricing.  Since doing this the pricing filter is no longer showing on the category pages.  Does the Ajax Filters plugin have any support for filtering based on tier prices or can it only work based on the default price?

Thanks, Pete.
Boyko
9 years ago
#8313 Quote
petemitch wrote:
The site I'm working is B2B and doesn't have pricing shown for guests so all the default product prices are set to an arbitrarily high value (£999999.99) and all prices are defined in tier pricing.  Since doing this the pricing filter is no longer showing on the category pages.  Does the Ajax Filters plugin have any support for filtering based on tier prices or can it only work based on the default price?

Thanks, Pete.

Hi Pete,

The Ajax Filters plugin does not support tier prices. It uses the regular product price.
But in your case you can simply do not show prices for Guest customers. You can do this from the ACL (Access Control List) in the administration. You need to uncheck the Public Store: Display Prices for Guests.

Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
petemitch
9 years ago
#8319 Quote
Ok thanks.  I already have it set to not show prices for guests, the reason for the 999999.99 default prices is because otherwise the default price overrides the role specific tier price if it's lower and I don't think there's an easy way to prevent it (I guess for most situations it's expected that the default price would be the highest possible price and any tier prices would be lower).

Do you think a future version of Ajax Filters might support tier pricing?
Boyko
9 years ago
#8323 Quote
petemitch wrote:
Ok thanks.  I already have it set to not show prices for guests, the reason for the 999999.99 default prices is because otherwise the default price overrides the role specific tier price if it's lower and I don't think there's an easy way to prevent it (I guess for most situations it's expected that the default price would be the highest possible price and any tier prices would be lower).

Do you think a future version of Ajax Filters might support tier pricing?

Hi petemitch,

I can't tell you for sure if it is going to support it or not in the future (it is not planned at the time of writing this). I would suggest you to share your idea in our UserVoice portal and let others vote for it. 

Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
petemitch
9 years ago
#8329 Quote
Ok done, thanks. This is the suggestion if anyone reading this wants to vote for it: http://noptemplates.uservoice.com/forums/151226-nop-templates-com-products-feedback/suggestions/6745382-update-ajax-filters-to-support-role-based-tier-pri