Close

Search list and NOT selecting the first item

Oakstone
9 years ago
#8176 Quote
When the search list appears after you type text into the search box, is it possible to NOT select the first item in the list. Our goal is to product the list. If a user hits enter, then it goes to the advanced search. We have the second part working, but thought auto selecting the first item in the list would be option able.

We are using the Lighthouse theme 3.2.

Thanks.
iliyan.tanev
9 years ago
#8190 Quote
Hi,

We have fixed this problem in 3.4 and we've merged them to 3.2, as well.
The fix is just a setting - Highlight first element, which you could select if you want to highlight the first element or deselect if you don't.

If you update your theme package you will be able to use it.
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
Oakstone
9 years ago
#8205 Quote
Great. Got the new version and it works.

Thanks.
Oakstone
9 years ago
#8318 Quote
Sorry. Found another issue after updating our lighthouse 3.2 template. The version of kendo it uses is from 2014, and those were not installed. Where can we get the following js files?

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/kendo/2014.1.318/kendo.core.min.js");
    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/kendo/2014.1.318/kendo.data.min.js");
    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/kendo/2014.1.318/kendo.popup.min.js");
    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/kendo/2014.1.318/kendo.list.min.js");
    Html.AddScriptParts("~/Scripts/kendo/2014.1.318/kendo.autocomplete.min.js");
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8320 Quote
Oakstone wrote:
Sorry. Found another issue after updating our lighthouse 3.2 template. The version of kendo it uses is from 2014, and those were not installed. Where can we get the following js files?

Hi Oakstone,

it seems that you didn't properly upgrade your nopCommerce. These javascript files are from version 3.3 and as you can see, they are from nopCommerce itself. When you upgrading your nopCommerce you will need to upgrade the database and the files on the system ( which includes these javascript files ).
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
Oakstone
9 years ago
#8330 Quote
Hristian,

We have not upgraded nopcommerce. We started with 3.2. The code snippet was from instantSearch.cshtml.
Oakstone
9 years ago
#8331 Quote
I'm looking at a backup of instantSearch.cshtml and it has this code included. THis file does exist.

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/kendo.public.min.js");
Oakstone
9 years ago
#8332 Quote
I think I have resolved this. I compared the two files, and replaced any reference to kendo with the backup with referencing Kendo JS. It seems the license if only for instantSearch.

@* Kendo UI javascript file could not be used in any ways outsite the InstantSearch plugin without purchasing Kendo UI commercial license
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core/Scripts/kendo.public.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script> *@
hristian.dimov
9 years ago
#8333 Quote
Oakstone wrote:
I think I have resolved this. I compared the two files, and replaced any reference to kendo with the backup with referencing Kendo JS. It seems the license if only for instantSearch.

@* Kendo UI javascript file could not be used in any ways outsite the InstantSearch plugin without purchasing Kendo UI commercial license
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Nop.Plugins.Core/Scripts/kendo.public.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script> *@

Hi Oakstone,

it seems that I misunderstood your previous post, sorry about that!

Yes, this is a bug after merging some of the new changes to the 3.2 version. We will fix it and deploy it ASAP. Thank you for reporting this!

Meanwhile, you can replace this:

with this:

Html.AddScriptParts("~/Plugins/SevenSpikes.Core/Scripts/kendo.public.min.js");
Regards,
Hristian Dimov
Nop-Templates.com
bcdiesel
6 years ago
#13796 Quote
I have this problem too and the above fix did not resolve it. If I enter a partial sku into the search and try to choose any of the items other than the first one, it will not go to the product page - it will just send me back to the search bar with my partial sku. 

I'm using nop 3.8 and the plugin is version 3.8.473.22172. My support license has expired. 

How can I resolve this?

Thanks