Close

Can the manufacturer filter display the categories instead the products

[email protected]
9 years ago
#7925 Quote
Hi,

when I select a manufacturer, I get a list of all products that match this manufacturer.
My customer wants to see all categories who have products that match the manufacturer and when clicking on a category the manufacturer filter value should be executed as well so that only products from that manufacturer show up in the list.

How can I help my customer with this request?

Thanks a lot,

Alain Christis
Stefan
9 years ago
#7930 Quote
Hi Alain,

Just to make sure I got your question correctly, are you talking about the filters on manufacturer page. If that is the case I am afraid that there isn't such functionality filter by category on a manufacturer page. If you think this will be a valuable feature of the plugin, you can propose it in our user voice portal .

As a workaround you can create a specification called Category and for each product add as a value the name of the category to which is mapped. Thus you will see the category specification appear in the filters.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!
Best Regards,

Stefan Hristov
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
9 years ago
#7933 Quote
Hi Stefan,

Sorry that my question wasn't clear.
I mean the manufacturers filter on the homepage where you seen all categories and on the side the manufacturers filter.If I click on a manufacturer, the result is that the categories are replaced with products that match the manufacturer.
What I want is that the list of categories stays on the page but only those with products in it of that selected manufacturer. If I drill down in this new list of categories, the manufacturers filter should be applied.

Tx.
Boyko
9 years ago
#7955 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Sorry that my question wasn't clear.
I mean the manufacturers filter on the homepage where you seen all categories and on the side the manufacturers filter.If I click on a manufacturer, the result is that the categories are replaced with products that match the manufacturer.
What I want is that the list of categories stays on the page but only those with products in it of that selected manufacturer. If I drill down in this new list of categories, the manufacturers filter should be applied.

Tx.

Hi Alain,

As far as I understand you want to have a Category filter when you are no a Manufacturer page.
Just like you have a Manufacturer filter when you are on a Category page.
If this is what you want then unfortunately is not supported in the current version of the Ajax Filters plugin.
Could you please suggest it in our UserVoice portal and we will consider adding this feature for the next releases of the plugin.
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team