Close

Additional Links Not Working

Slotraccoon
9 years ago
#6216 Quote
Hi

I am using nopCommerce 3.30 and nop Categories Header Menu 3.3. My additional links are not working although they are identical to those used with nopCommerce 3.2 and Header Menu 3.2

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "MyTopic" })">@T("My Topic")</a></li>

The text appears in the menu but the link does not work. Plasecan someone suggest what I am doing wrong.

Regards

Rob
iliyan.tanev
9 years ago
#6218 Quote
Hi Rob,

The UrlRecord helper needs valid route name to work. The "Topic" route name is not valid in this case, the example comment is not updated, sorry for that.

The simplest thing you could do in this case is to write something like:
<li><a href="/Search engine friendly page name">@T("Some resource")</a></li>

Hope this helps!

Regards
Regards,
Iliyan Tanev
Nop-Templates Dev Team
Slotraccoon
9 years ago
#6221 Quote
Hi

So has this changed since version 3.2? It all worked fine then.

Regards

Rob
Support
9 years ago
#6222 Quote
Slotraccoon wrote:
Hi

So has this changed since version 3.2? It all worked fine then.

Regards

Rob

Hi SLOTRACCOON,

Yes there was a change in nop 3.30 with the way links are built for topics. Now the links to the topic using the route name is as follows:

<a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("topic_se_name") })">Topic Title</a>

Best Regards!
Slotraccoon
9 years ago
#6230 Quote
So what was:

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "HomePageText" })">@T("Home")</a></li>

Should now be:

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("HomePageText") })">Home</a></li>

Is that right as I get an error?
Support
9 years ago
#6231 Quote
Slotraccoon wrote:
So what was:

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SystemName = "HomePageText" })">@T("Home")</a></li>

Should now be:

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("HomePageText") })">Home</a></li>

Is that right as I get an error?

Hi,

Yes this is why you get this error. The correct will be

where HomePageText is the Search Engine Name which you can see from the administration of the topic. This is not the same as the System Name of the topic. So replace HomePageText with the SE name of the topic with system name HomePageText.

Hope that makes sense!
Slotraccoon
9 years ago
#6232 Quote
I must be doing something wrong. So my code is now

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("homepagetext") })">Home</a></li>

I have checked that the Search Engine Friendly page name is homepagetext but I am still getting the same error. What am I missing?
Boyko
9 years ago
#6237 Quote
Slotraccoon wrote:
I must be doing something wrong. So my code is now

<li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("Topic", new { SeName = Html.GetTopicSeName("homepagetext") })">Home</a></li>

I have checked that the Search Engine Friendly page name is homepagetext but I am still getting the same error. What am I missing?

Hi ,

Can you check if you can open the topic with its SeName like this: yourstorename.com/homepagetext ?

Thanks
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team