Close

Blinking menu items when used with bxslider

ceejay34
9 years ago
#6179 Quote
On my site http://voorbeeld.labeq.nl
i use all nop-templates plugins, there is an issue with megamenu when watched on ipads and iphones

When the bxslider is paused the menuitems "blink" the letters get bolder and whiter.

My client is not happy what could cause this?
nikola.dragiev
9 years ago
#6185 Quote
Hello,

After investigating your website I discovered that this problem occurs not only with our megamenu but also with your flyoutcart button(Winkelwagen). So I suppose it is something related to the bxslider, not the MegaMenu.

Would you mind testing with the default nopCommerce menu and see if the issue still occurs. Have you noticed this issue with the mega menu before customizing it to match your theme's design.

Looking forward to your reply,
Best Regards!
Best regards,
Nikola Dragiev
Nop-Templates.com
ceejay34
9 years ago
#6187 Quote
I can test with the normal menu, but i have myself never noticed it since i dont own any apple devices.

I did however replace the bxslider after this problem occurred with a more recent version that didnt help the issue. I'll get back to you with more later, thanks for your reply.
ceejay34
9 years ago
#6190 Quote
Hello Nikola, I replaced the BXslider with Nivoslider on the home page of http://voorbeeld.labeq.nl
My client tells me there is no difference, still blinking

I have now turned off the megamenu. I edited the menu.cshtml with loads of items however only one menuitem is visible. I dont know what causes this (i use nopcommerce 2.8)

- Is it still blinking on ipad?
- where do i edit menuitems if not in menu.cshtml?
Support
9 years ago
#6191 Quote
ceejay34 wrote:
Hello Nikola, I replaced the BXslider with Nivoslider on the home page of http://voorbeeld.labeq.nl
My client tells me there is no difference, still blinking

I have now turned off the megamenu. I edited the menu.cshtml with loads of items however only one menuitem is visible. I dont know what causes this (i use nopcommerce 2.8)

- Is it still blinking on ipad?
- where do i edit menuitems if not in menu.cshtml?

Hi ceejay34,

I did have a look at your site and now neither the menu is blinking nor the flyout cart button. So I suppose this problem has to do something with the bx slider or some of its slide effect. So I think you can use the Nop Mega Menu plugins so that it shows all the links you want without worry about this blinking issue.
As this theme is not developed by us I am afraid I will not be able to tell you how the menu works.

Hope that helps!

Should you have any queries, please let us know!

Best Regards!
ceejay34
9 years ago
#6198 Quote
Support wrote:
Hi ceejay34,

I did have a look at your site and now neither the menu is blinking nor the flyout cart button. So I suppose this problem has to do something with the bx slider or some of its slide effect. So I think you can use the Nop Mega Menu plugins so that it shows all the links you want without worry about this blinking issue.
As this theme is not developed by us I am afraid I will not be able to tell you how the menu works.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!

Yes well, i did have to replace the standard menu back again to the megamenu plugin because my client wants the manufacturers option in the menu.
I use the official nopcommerce furniture template for this site. If the standard menu doesnt exhibit this ammyoing blinking, then there is something not right with the megamenu i think.
Support
9 years ago
#6199 Quote
ceejay34 wrote:
Hi ceejay34,

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!

Yes well, i did have to replace the standard menu back again to the megamenu plugin because my client wants the manufacturers option in the menu.
I use the official nopcommerce furniture template for this site. If the standard menu doesnt exhibit this ammyoing blinking, then there is something not right with the megamenu i think.

Hi,

I am not sure that it has anything to do with the mega menu. As I said in mu earlier post the menu is not the only element blinking. The "Shopping cart" button in the header blinks as well. So this leads to a conclusion that there is some other reason about this blinking.

If you open another page like a category where you have no slider, you will see that nothing is blinking. So this leads to another conclusion that the problem is only on the home page and most probably is due to the bx slider and the sliding effect. If you examine the blinking more closely you will notice that on a particular moment when the sliders are changing, the blinking occurs.

So my recommendation is to try another slider(you can also use the Nop Anywhere Sliders) and try different sliding effects from the administration and examine closely the menu and the Shopping Cart button about blinking.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Best Regards!
ceejay34
9 years ago
#6200 Quote
That makes sense. Thank you very much for your help! I will plod on.