Close

Customise Home Page - Need Help

[email protected]
12 years ago
#624 Quote
Please help me modify the homepage in V2.5 like in www.letsbuy.com

Previously using 1.4 I did it. But in 2.4 and above I am unable to do. Its very important that I need it that way. Please help me in doing this.

What I need:

Have multiple rows in homepage that displays, section wise products(books, mobiles etc), Best sellers, featured products etc with 6 products in each row with the product image, description, actual price, our price, starred review) In simple words same as in www.letsbuy.com or www.flipkart.com
Support
12 years ago
#632 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
Please help me modify the homepage in V2.5 like in www.letsbuy.com

Previously using 1.4 I did it. But in 2.4 and above I am unable to do. Its very important that I need it that way. Please help me in doing this.

What I need:

Have multiple rows in homepage that displays, section wise products(books, mobiles etc), Best sellers, featured products etc with 6 products in each row with the product image, description, actual price, our price, starred review) In simple words same as in www.letsbuy.com or www.flipkart.com

Hi jeevan,

What you want is quite a lot of customization of the Electronics theme, which will most probably even require some changes in the nopCommerce sources.
Note that if you want to completely change the home page then you will have to do in the layout of the theme, which will lead to changes in the CSS styling. You will also need some knowledge of Razor syntax and CSS and the nopCommerce sources.
To change the Home page you need to modify this file:
Themes\Electronics\Views\Home\Index.cshtml

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates Team

[email protected]
12 years ago
#634 Quote
Thanks for your quick reply. I am a .net developer, so could you please be little elaborative so that I can work on it for my need and share it in the forum for public use.
[email protected]
12 years ago
#639 Quote
HI, can some one assist me please.
YashChandra
12 years ago
#640 Quote
Hi Jeevan,

Please let me step into this discussion.
What you require is a custom nopCommerce home page, which as the support team tried to mention is far from straightforward to implement. This would require design, front-end and MVC Razor work! So a whole team needs to be involved in this.
Please note that we do provide support for our products but what you require is actually a custom project in itself, it has nothing to do with the home page of the Electronics Theme.
So as much as we would like to help you out, it would take us probably more than a week to implement such a page.
We could give you a quote for developing such a web site, but unfortunately we are extremely busy at the moment and would not be able to commit to such a project. Also I believe that you want to implement it yourself anyway. So can you please have a look at these for information on MVC and nopCommerce 2.x:

http://www.asp.net/mvc

http://www.nopcommerce.com/documentation.aspx

I hope this is useful!
Should you need more guidance please let us know!

Best Regards
Regards,
Milen Kovachev
Nop-Templates.com
[email protected]
12 years ago
#643 Quote
May be I failed to convey it well.

All I need is the products in sub categories to be displayed in the homepage in rows 5 products in each row.

If you see our current website www.buyinghour.com we have books, digitaldownloads, jewellery displayed in the homepage. We did this is R1.4, and now we would like to do in R2.5 in electronics theme.

Please throw us an idea.

Thanks,
Jeevan
Support
11 years ago
#678 Quote
Hi,

As I see on your current site you have displayed some categories with products for them. There is a similar functionality in nopCommerce called HomePageCategories but it just displays categories(the same as when showing subcategories) that are marked as Show On Homepage without any products. You can however customize this view in order to show the products as well. In order to do that you can edit the ~\Themes\Electronics\Views\Home\Index.cshtml and add the following line of code:

@Html.Action("HomepageCategories", "Catalog")
<div class="clear">
</div>

After that copy the ~\Views\Catalog\HomepageCategories.cshtml to ~\Themes\Electronics\Views\Catalog\HomepageCategories.cshtml and edit the view accordingly in order to show products for each category displayed.

Hope that helps!