Close

override views with new theme

wesley_berca
12 years ago
#601 Quote
Hi nop-templates crew,

Recently I've purchased the ultimate collection and now I'm implementing some of the plugins into our new shop, like the ajax filters. Now i was wondering if it's possible to override the existing views, like the nopcommerce core system? What's the best way to customize the plugin and still preserve the ability to have upgrades with each new version.

Kind Regards,
Support
12 years ago
#711 Quote
Hi,

Sorry to catch this post so late.

We will try to explain what is the best way to modify views and styles.

Views are open for modification, but there is no way of overriding them just like in the core system.

All our plugin comes with views open for modifications, separate css files and images. Now all plugins also have theme support meaning you can have different themes(independent of the store theme) and style the plugin in more than one way and choose which one to be displayed.

You can modify freely the views, but when you upgrade you will have to merge your changes to the views. Typically using a tool for file comparison it is quite quickly to merge any modifications.
As to the css and images you can create your own theme and when upgrading to new version just copy it to the new plugin.

Hope that helps!

If we can help any further please do not hesitate to contact us again!
[email protected]
10 years ago
#4075 Quote
I have modified the Register and Log in view nop3.2. But after I change the theme it only works for the 'Electronics', the other theme it does not work. I have The following themes:
Alfresco
Alicante
Beauty
Electronics
Fashion
Jewelry
Lighthouse
NeoFashion
Playground
ShopAll

So, What can I do when I change the default view of nop system.
Boyko
10 years ago
#4077 Quote
[email protected] wrote:
I have modified the Register and Log in view nop3.2. But after I change the theme it only works for the 'Electronics', the other theme it does not work. I have The following themes:
Alfresco
Alicante
Beauty
Electronics
Fashion
Jewelry
Lighthouse
NeoFashion
Playground
ShopAll

So, What can I do when I change the default view of nop system.

Hi [email protected],

Please note that some of the themes override the Login and Register pages, so you need to make your changes in their views. For example if you want to modify the Login page in the Alfresco theme you need to modify this file:
Themes\Alfresco\Views\Customer\Login.cshtml

The same applies to the other themes.

Best Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team
Regards,
Nop-Templates.com Team